Page 73 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Giving new meaning to flying lap!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xouvv81MXFk

Junior Potato
    Ha!

Just did a Euro Sprint at The 'Ring. There were 9 P2 cars and 32 GTE in the race. I started from the pits with five other cars. If anyone got close, I let them by. Cars were crashing left an right. I got spun by an impatient a-hole on lap two. Thankfully, it was exiting Adenauer Forst, a slow corner with a grass run-off. No damage, so I continued. Kept it clean for 8 laps and came home 11th. Only 3 P2 cars finished.

Just did the three-hour VRS GT Enduro at Imola. The first 2.5 hours went really well. We started 42nd and got up to 11th! Then, we got wrecked by a hot-head. We continued, as there was not much damage. Ten laps later, we got a meatball flag (black flag with a red circle) for no reason, which is for required repairs. We pitted for repairs, which were completed, but the flag was not cleared. I am pretty sure you get disqualified if you ignore a black flag. We pitted again, but there were no repairs and the meatball still showed. By that time it was the last lap. We finished with the meatball flag showing, but were not DQed. We finished 29th. We were doing so awesome, only to have it ruined by a jackass.

That sucks and is strange.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    I was just checking out a bit of the Porsche eSports Supercup. THIS is how you do an iRacing. Hot-heads need not apply.

(start video at 1:54:00)

I just completed the 90-minute GTE Enduro at Nurburgring Combined. There was one split and I was the #1 car of 46 entrants! No way was I going to start near the front, as I am one of the slowest drivers on the 'Ring. I started from the pits with four other cars. Huge wreck on lap one that I narrowly avoided. After lap one, I was 23rd. I just kept it safe, clean and let anyone that caught me go by. I had a last-lap battle with another driver, but was able to draft-pass and bring it home 11th. I am feeling pretty good about that. Checkkit on my channel!
    Last edited by Cam; January 31st, 2021 at 01:19 PM.

I was mistaken. I was in the fourth split of seven. It was only showing me one at the time.

Had a better go at the VRS GT Enduro today. Started 32nd and finished 16th. We cut it really close on fuel and pitted for a splash on the last lap, not knowing it was the last lap. If I just kept going, we would have been 12th. Then, I let a guy go that I spun earlier. Tim and I felt good about our performance today. It is available to watch on my racing channel, of course.

Administrator
    Finally got a race in. CTS-V at Suzuka. Felt pretty good when I got a 2:05 qualifying lap, up until then I never got out of the 2:06s.

End up in the top split and everyone else is doing 2:02/2:03. Good reminder that I am very, very slow. Managed to stay out of trouble, but only one other CTS driver crashed out, so ended up 7th out of 8.

Junior Potato
    Ahhhh damnit Cam, I tuned-in to your Long Beach race just as you were eating the meatball.

Sucks that you got spun around again man.