Page 77 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Also, an earlier post about licenses. Le Mans series is now called European Series and requires an A license.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You would have to spend some time earning higher licenses. You start out at Rookie, then it goes D, C, B and A. You have to complete four races in each license to earn the next license. Having a high Safety Rating can fast-track your license advancement. To race the C8 Vette, you would need at least a C license for the IMSA Sports Car Championship and The Le Mans Series requires a B license. I am not sure if it is in any other series this season. Although, I heard that the Le Mans Series is going A class next year. I am not sure.

Edit: The C8 Vette is also being used in the GT Endurance Series this season. Lots of options for the Vette!
    Last edited by Cam; March 4th, 2021 at 04:24 PM.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I would be happy to provide more information for you if you have questions.
    Thanks a heap! That's all the questions I have so far. I am sure more will pop up once I start actually racing.

I hated the MX5 with a passion.
    When you think you're doing ok, go join a room with Shane Van Gisbergen, Liam Lawson etc, and see how slow you really are.
    Think I came within 5 seconds of them at Silverstone.
    I loved the Solstice in the multiclass series, had a few wins with that.
    Also enjoyed the Kia in with the Cadillac.

And the sprint cars are friggin awesome to drive too. Mostly have clean, close races. Definitely recommend.

RWA, this site may have information that can help you make informed decisions about what cars and tracks you would like to lease.

https://www.iracingstats.com/

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yobbo NZ View Post
    I hated the MX5 with a passion.
    When you think you're doing ok, go join a room with Shane Van Gisbergen, Liam Lawson etc, and see how slow you really are.
    Think I came within 5 seconds of them at Silverstone.
    I loved the Solstice in the multiclass series, had a few wins with that.
    Also enjoyed the Kia in with the Cadillac.
    The reason I'm not on there much these days is I feel that way with *every* car. I got all excited when I set my fastest ever lap at Suzuka in the CTS-V during qualifying, then went into the race and found myself a few seconds off the pace of everyone else.

I really should just tank my irating because it's clearly too high.

You just don't race often enough.

Personally, my safety rating is more important to me than iRating. I feel like my iRating would be higher if I didn't keep getting wrecked. If I do not get wrecked, I can normally make up many positions during the race. I rarely qualify well. I do not use qualifying sets, so my race pace is normally my qualifying pace. On the rare occasion, I remove fuel from the car for qualifying.

Administrator
    That is entirely possible. I find it very hard to find a window of even 30 minutes where I can just concentrate on racing, and that's led me to just not bothering. When I do find it, I find that I'm extremely slow. I have a feeling it'd help if I didn't keep getting dropped in higher splits than I should be in given my skill level, but in the meantime, it's pretty discouraging.

Junior Potato
    Just do some reverse boosting. Tank your stats and have fun again.

Junior Potato
    It is done. 1yr sub purchased. Cam gets his $10.

See you on the road, skags.