Page 78 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Awesome, man! Thank you very much for the iBucks. YOU HEAR ME BRONZE?

Administrator
    If we can work out a time for a race to all get together in and laugh at how much I suck, I'm down.

Junior Potato
    First impressions: it feels really good, and after faffing about to eventually be able to test drive, it’s easy to set up.

I did four laps in the MX-5 at Laguna Seca and quickly found that I have to forget my GTS habits. There are some off-track zones that you’d abuse the hell out of in GTS but can’t in iRacing. And the age old question: do I change to 4th before the final corner, or do I let it hang in 3rd for 50 meters

I’ve entered my first race on an AU server. It’s on in 15 minutes!

Friend request sent. Accept so I can spectate!

/me eagerly awaits debrief of RWA's first race.
    Last edited by Cam; March 5th, 2021 at 05:18 PM.

Junior Potato
    Ehhhh I’m confused by the UI.

Please stand by.

Junior Potato
    I was using the iRacing launcher, but eventually found the relevant place in the members site. There’s another session in 15 mins. Wish me luck actually getting into a race!

Junior Potato
    I’m into a race. Starting on pole

Administrator
    I apparently have forgotten how to spectate a race, I was hoping to watch you out there.

Junior Potato
    Well, that's race 1 done and dusted. I alt-tabbed out of it for a second to check something after quali but it left me with the taskbar showing.

I fluffed the start because I never even thought to check how to do standing starts and let two cars by.

At the end of lap 1 the car in 2nd place ran wide at turn 10 so I filled the gap and left him plenty of room on my left. He then drove across to take the racing line but hit the side of my car and ended up getting punted right dead smack into the end of the pit wall. LOL. Not my fault. I carried on.

I stuck myself to the tail of the lead car and waited for a mistake as it's just too hard to pass without divebombing. You gotta work for it! On lap 6 he ran wide exiting the Corkscrew but then did a late cut across my front as I attempted to capitalise. Kinda my fault. He apologised later. I carried on again like Teflon and crossed the line about 2.5 seconds ahead. Daylight to 3rd place behind us.

I copped 6x in total for two collisions and two off-tracks. 100% win rate. Not bhed. Time to uninstall the game.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I apparently have forgotten how to spectate a race, I was hoping to watch you out there.
    I saved the replay. How do I share it?

In fact, how do I even watch it myself?