Page 8 of 225 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Pcars 2 also works really well with the Rift.
    PCars burned me twice, I'm not giving them any more money (already have it on the PS4). If there is a super compelling car/track combo available I would pick it up dirt cheap since PC3 is already 'announced', but it would take something special.

Administrator
    That's a bummer. It's definitely not as good a sim as iRacing or AC, but there was something about dropping into the Audi R18 LMP1 in VR. Just sat in it for a couple of minutes before driving off, you really got a feeling of a) how much crap is inside that car and b) how cramped it all is. Blasting it down Le Mans without the chicanes was a good time.

User-made tracks can be hit or miss. Passionate people that are good at it can make amazing, realistic tracks with minimal bugs.
    Last edited by Cam; December 19th, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

Administrator
    Yeah, you get that with almost anything. People figured out how to make user-made songs for Rocksmith. Some of them are brilliant, and some of them have you playing notes that aren't even remotely like the original song.

Junior Potato
    Quite a lot of the tracks that I’ve found have been converted across from rFactor 2, so if you’ve played that a lot and there’s a favourite track you had, then it might have been added to Assetto.

Start with Bridgehampton. It’s an absolute gem.

I've been reminded why I don't like PC gaming. I have exactly 21 days until my next semester starts and I wanted to see if I could get hooked back on iRacing.

The Rift I bought (used) is effectively broken, best case is I can get it repaired at a decent cost.
    While troubleshooting the Rift I moved my Fanatec pedals from the USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 port. And in doing so the USB logic controller broke, again. I just had it replaced in Sept 2017 and have used it a grand total of about 3 hours in that 15 months.

So, the Rift is in limbo and I have a new controller interface coming from Germany.

I suspect all of it will be up and running in precisely 20 days.

Couldn't you use the pedal>wheel method in the mean time?

Easiest course of action would be to dig the stock Logitech pedals out of storage, wherever they are. Last time I needed a logic controller form Fanatec it came super quick. I'm going visiting for the holiday starting Friday so I'm hoping that it gets here by the 26th. With the weekend and holiday though I'm not sure.

Ah, you're using a Logitech wheel. Fanatec wheels have a port for pedals.

Yeah, I have a G27. Got excited and decided to buy the bits I need to mount my Momo Mod 88 to it to get a proper 320mm wheel onto it. I have a strong tendency to jump into stuff with both feet and this time there is a lot of money on the table if I can't get the issues sorted.

I'm also not sure if I was being clear. The USB logic controller that went bad is the box mounted to the underside of the pedals, so now when I plug it into a PC nothing happens except the presence of an Unknown device is detected. That box died once on me and I replaced it in Sept 2017, and it seems to have died again. I might take this one apart after swapping in the new one to see if something obvious is going bad.
    Last edited by dodint; December 20th, 2018 at 10:10 AM.