Page 80 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    My bro and I are doing a six-hour at Le Mans today.
    I'll keep an eye out for that
    Get that weak shit off my track

Finished 5th in the Euro Enduro today! Coasted across the finish line out of fuel. Chekkit on my stream and make sure to like and sub!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itLEuOBBEiM

Admittedly, it was a lonely race. Except at the start, we were not near any other cars on track. Nice to get a top five though. I did not think to set the engine map to conserve near the end. I made it anyway.
    Last edited by Cam; March 7th, 2021 at 12:30 PM.

Junior Potato
    I uhh, reached a bit further that what I was planning to this week. I've been sitting here since 1pm, and it's now after 6. I got a D licence and bought the Ferrari GT3 and Spa (and Long Beach to get the discount).

Couple of races in and I found it a bit harder to drive than the Mazda. Are they running different generations of tyre model? The Ferrari is eager to lose rear grip in high speed corners like Pouhon but then it's impossible to catch unless you drive on a knife-edge. Best to drive conservatively, I think. Plus the feedback from the wheel feels less detailed in the Ferrari too.

Despite my conservatism, I still got caught up in other people's bingles and in the last race I ended up with a 14x A few of those were from cutting at Radillon but the rest were other cars just being turned around on each other in the slow corners that I couldn't avoid.

Ah well, I'll drive more carefuler.

You are right, GT3 cars are nearly impossible to save once you get loose. I think it is the nature of the sim. It happens in other cars also. The best thing to do to stop a spin in iRacing is to stomp on the brakes to lock all four wheels. It does not work in cars with anti-lock brakes, such as the GT3 cars.

One of the racers near me in the division 7 points standings did an average of 27+ races a week this season. That is more than four races a day. Considering most of those races are 40-60 minute races that happen every two hours, that is pretty much 8+ hours a day of racing.
    Last edited by Cam; March 8th, 2021 at 06:34 AM.

Junior Potato
    ^ lockdown
    ^^ not lockdown
    ^^^ after I made that post last night I hopped in the shower and it occurred to me that I hadn’t considered shifting the brake bias. I was losing it heading into corners, not mid- or late-corner. Shower thoughts eh? I just remember to map brake bias adjustment to some wheel buttons.

Fixed setup series might not allow brake balance adjustment. I never raced fixed Ferrari, so I do not know if it is allowed. I raced fixed Pro 2 Lite trucks quite a bit and it allows brake balance adjustment. The GT3 cars are simply loose on high-speed corner entry. You just have to brake in a straight line, then turn in.

The first race of the season in VRS GT Enduro was Spa. Both Tim and I spun out in Blanchimont during the race. Pouhon entry is also a tricky spot. The last VRS GT race was at Suzuka and the exit to 130R is really tricky too. Keep it on the black stuff. The green bit on corner exit is really slippery.
    Last edited by Cam; March 8th, 2021 at 12:23 PM.

Junior Potato
    I’m used to those parts being heaps more grippy in GTS. Even on wet tracks you just take the normal lines, including going all over the kerbs.

So yeah, adjustments to my driving have to be made.

I have not driven iRacing yet with the new TV, but I watched a replay in 4K. Looks good.

Season 2 schedule has been released. Go to: iRacing Forums > iRacing Staff Announcements > 2021 Season 2 Schedule and download the PDF.