Page 84 of 230 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Ahhh I get it.

I suppose it's confusing because you get automatically upgraded if you reach 4.0 like I just did.

Now I am making a mental shopping list for what I want to do next. Ugh...

You have to have met your minimum participation requirements (MPR) and be SR 4+ to be automatically promoted to the next higher license class. For example. I recently started racing oval. I did the MPR of two rookie races, got my SR above 3 and was promoted to D. I got my SR above 4 and was eligible for C races. Your SR drops 0.4 when you get your next higher license. I did four C races for the MPR, got my SR above 4 again and was awarded a C license. Now, I just need to get my SR above 4 again and I will be eligible for B races. Although, I will probably have to purchase more content to do B class oval races.

Junior Potato
    Yeah. For me the honey is in the B and above races: mixed class 45-minute races with a pit stop. I wanna do IMSA!

What's the best 1-hour race in GT style cars?

Pure Driving School European Sprint series (60 minutes) includes GTE. IMSA Hagerty iRacing Series (45-60 minutes, depending on the week) has both GTE and GTD (GT3.) Every two weeks, there is a GTE Endurance Series race on the week-ends (90 minutes.)

Junior Potato
    Thank you Cam I will check them out

My bro and I had a reasonably good race today in the VRS GT Enduro. We were the slowest of the qualifiers and gridded 50th. In the first 90 minutes, my bro brought the car up to 18th with only 1x! His best drive so far, I think. I had one incident that cost me a bit of time, but brought the car home 11th. 50th to 11th, that's a pretty good race, I would say. I cannot help but think I could have had a top-ten if I had not made that error.

Junior Potato
    Nice going!

Junior Potato
    I've made a decision on what series' to focus on for the next few weeks. I'll keep doing the Ferrari GT3 Challenge, because that's a really satisfying car to drive, and I'll do the advanced MX-5 cup to fill my need for longer races and meet MPR requirements. To that end I have made a shopping list of tracks to buy in packs of three to fill both categories, in the order in which I will need them, spread out over the coming weeks.

I expect that I will get a B licence before the season finishes, quite easily in fact, and add the occasional GT3 and IMSA race when I feel like it

Junior Potato
    Did another race at Laguna Seca.

Got hit from behind in the Corkscrew on lap 2 while I was allowing another car in front some space to navigate the corner. The car that hit me kept on going while I had to give up 0.5 seconds because I’d cut the corner.

That allowed the car further back to catch me, but he was being attacked into the final corner, but the guy who did the attacking completely missed his braking marker and tagged me as I was rolling thought the apex.

Two hits on one lap

Both of those drivers subsequently caused themselves more trouble a few laps later and quit out of shame.

Later in the race, another car ran off at the Corkscrew so I slowed and moved to the left to avoid, which meant another car caught me, and for almost a whole lap he desperately tried to pass. The pressure caused me to stuff up some corners and pick the wrong gear, but he tried everything. He finally got me exiting turn 5, then VERY AGGRESSIVELY cut across to the right to take the line into 6, then immediately hit the sausage and drifted pathetically wide into the gravel trap.

I LOLed, called him a fuckwit, and carried on my merry way fleeced of 9 safety points.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    is the track of Chicago for the Indy/Nascar event paid or promotional content?
    acket.