Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

How would one donate enough for the team to use a C8.R? And would one get sponsorship space if one did so?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Mick put in WORK. Cam will have all the details, but some great stints to overcome bad luck!
    I did! We did! What a race.

Driving that car feels like wearing a comfortable pair of old slippers, and the track is a comfortable pair of old underpants. I could mostly turn my brain off and race car go brrrr but I still had to worry about traffic and off-tracks. There were a few hairy moments especially with dinguses in the bottom end of the field.

But yeah that was great fun! This is what it's all about for me. Finally doing a sort of bucket list thing. Biggest hugest thanks go out to Cam and Tim and the Gone Broke Racing crew for having me along. Love you guys!

To finish fourth in our split, considering our issues, was really great. Mick had a brilliant performance in his first team enduro. Tim had good pace, but had difficulty managing the off-tracks. We lost a lap when Mick discoed. Then, we lost a lap due to damage taken when Tim got punted. We got punted twice more, but had negligible damage. It was an exciting finish with a close battle with 5th. We almost got a penalty with 49 incident points. Great race, team!

Junior Potato
    For those not on Facebook, here's a pic I shared of my hands after the race. I have a knockoff Momo that I got from eBay for $60, and the "suede" loves to give up its ink if you have sweaty palms.

Junior Potato
    Results chart.

Junior Potato
    This happened part way into my 2nd stint while Cam was away getting food

Oops.

Time to get some sim racing gloves, mah boy!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Didn't get a chance to check this out live, but did watch a little bit today. Nice driving guys!

Thanks for the support, guys!

Nice save, Mick!

Tim and I have been doing the VRS GT Enduro on Sundays. He thought he would not be available today, but called me a few hours before and said he would be home for the second half if I wanted to start. I registered not knowing if he would make it on time to do his fair share. I qualified 24th out of 59 cars. I got caught up in a T1 wreck and was down on top speed. I pitted about 15 minutes in, knowing that was enough to offset needing a splash of fuel at the end. Thankfully, I only needed about 40 seconds of repairs. I exited the pits in 47th position, I think. The car was still down a bit on top speed, so I did a lot of drafting, allowing others to tow me around. Tim showed up with about 1.5 hours left in the race. I knew a tank would last about an hour, so I pitted with about 56 minutes left and Tim got in the car. He exited the pits in 13th, I think. Many other cars had to pit before the end. We finished 5th, with mere fumes left in the tank. Tim even had a faster best lap than I did. We are really stoked with that finish. I mean, I would have been stoked with a top-ten after being lower than 40th.

The GTE Enduro was kind of forgettable though. I got caught up in a T1 wreck again and the car was 3 seconds a lap slower because of it. I pitted as early as possible and yet only do one stop. I was still two seconds a lap slower after three minutes of repairs. I finished 30th.
    Last edited by Cam; April 4th, 2021 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    How would one donate enough for the team to use a C8.R? And would one get sponsorship space if one did so?
    You could simply sign up and race yourself for the amount it would cost the team to get the Vette.