Page 92 of 96 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Wow, epic work in the GT3 enduro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    You could simply sign up and race yourself for the amount it would cost the team to get the Vette.
    Considering that, not only do I not own a force feedback wheel from the last decade, I also don't even own a single working Windows PC, I have a feeling it would be a lot cheaper to get you guys C8.Rs then to get me into the game
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    I MADE IT INTO A CRASH COMPILATION!

*Wasn’t me crashing tho

Watch from the 7:57 marker.

"You can just see my arse for a second!"

Junior Potato
    This afternoon an annoying stutter cropped up in my iRacing activities. I was driving Ferraris at Summit Point for a while then switched to Mazdas at the Norschleife, and that's when the stutter began. Now it is affecting every session I participate in, and happens 3-4 times per lap.

I've looked online and people say to turn off the 'sysmain' function in Windows services. That reduced the problem but did not eliminate it. Originally it was audible as well as visible, now it's just visible. I've also restarted my PC multiple times and made sure nothing else was unnecessarily taking up huge amounts of CPU resources, and completely reinstalled the game. Any other ideas?

It's hard to spot unless you're actually driving, but I did make a video trying to illustrate it. It didn't happen here, but I have had the stutter not register control inputs like gear changes. Note that the video was recorded in windowed mode to show task manager at the same time, while the problem crops up either while windowed or fullscreen.

Sorry to hear that. I do not know.

Junior Potato
    FUCK

Right. The stutter seems to have gone away all by itself, so I joined an IMSA race at Long Beach. I was doing SO WELL, qualified higher than I should've (but I did cause a traffic jam at the hairpin when I failed to keep to the right on the warm-up. Oops) got a good start and was coming 5th. I even got a handful of 0x from brushing the walls gad damn this track is so intense, came in for my fuel stop, entered back onto the track and...

Down for maintenance. FUCK.

Why don't they wait until all races are completed before updating hmmmm?

Anyway, bonus video. Here's something else I was 'researching' while I was looking into that stutter problem.

Oof, yeah, that sucks about the maintenance thing.

I have just witnessed angry Cam, as some dick at VIR hit him multiple times before passing him for 13th. And then he almost got taken out by a spinner that had just passed him!

Damn Porsche drivers!

And now a shit blocking move from someone rejoining after an off on the backstraight. Cam isn't the fastest around here, but the bullying is silly.