Page 96 of 225 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: iRacing

Junior Potato
    Hmmmfgggin BMW drivers :x

I’m about to hop in for the final stint. We are 4th in Porsche Cup and 12th overall.

Podium! Could have been cleaner, but I don't think our final result would have been different. Still, I am quite pleased with the result. Mick drove a great race. I look forward to teaming up for the next one.

Junior Potato
    Yay!

Junior Potato
    Cam, we spoke a few weeks ago about teaming up for the European Endurance Series and gave up because the time zones didn't line up. I would like to explore that possibility again, purely because Le Mans is coming up in a few weeks with a 6 hour race.

What I propose is this:

We enter the Saturday 18:00 GMT race, which is 14:00 your time and Sunday 04:00 my time.

You and Tim (or someone else) start the race and do the first four hours. I wake up and hop in the car with two hours remaining (08:30 my time) and finish the race.

I would like to do this, because we can't bank on iRacing having a 24 hour race at that venue this year. Is this something you'd like to collaborate on?

Yes. I will talk to Tim about it. I think he will be interested. Although, Tim and I did that race last season and it was kind of boring, despite a good result.

Junior Potato
    Cool cool. No pressure if you don't want to do it.

I just noticed that the SRF is getting a big overhaul next season. It's getting whole new physics, tires, engine (moar powa) and a six-speed gearbox to bring it up to current specs. I raced it a lot before I bought extra content.

Good. Maybe I will be able to drive this one.

I started a VRS GT race earlier at the Nurburgring 24H track. There were 29 entrants. I set a qualifying lap earlier in a separate qualifying session, so officially, I gridded 8th. I did not want all those goofballs behind me, so I started from the pits. I momentarily lost power about one minute after the green flag fell. I was streaming it, so naturally, the stream stopped. I rebooted and was able to rejoin the race with about 28 minutes left in the 40 minute race. I figured I could finish the race on one tank. I had to conserve, but I finished 17th.

Junior Potato
    Good effort!

I have done two of those races so far. I have finished 7th and 8th, respectively.

My starting position (out of 30) was in the pits 29th and on the grid 24th.

After lap 1 in each race I was P12 and P10.

Doesn't take much effort! But after that first lap only the reasonably skilled fast guys remain ahead of me so the last four laps could be a snooze-fest