Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MR2 Fan's Ongoing MR2 Restoration Thread

Yeah, I wouldn't get rid of that. They make one for the M3, and it is at the cost of ~250

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Got the hood latch wedged in finally, without having to modify the radiator....was able to hammer it into place, which I'm very glad about.

The inside hood latch was stuck under some plastic and isn't in the best of shape, but I keep reminding myself the car was cheap.

The plastic piece behind the hood is warped and cracked which is making the hood sit a bit uneven...I'll need to replace it.

Also put the turbo engine lid on because I just like it better.

Last edited by MR2 Fan; March 9th, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Definitely coming together.

I can't wait to here about the car when you get the suspension and such refreshed

Was going to order 94+ round taillights, but can't quite afford them yet.

My friend who owns the shop has dozens of parts I really want right now but can't afford them yet. He keeps posting them on our central florida MR2 facebook group.

Also, considering the exhaust problem, there's a 2 bolt flange on the stock exhaust I want to put back on the car, but the header has a 3 bolt flange....you'd think an adaptor would be made for this situation, but I can't find any. I've tried google, ebay, various forums, etc. but to no avail.

I thought it would be easier to get it done at home instead of dragging the massive exhaust (in a second car) having it welded, etc.

Anyone ever found a place that offers adaptors like that?

Never heard of such a thing. There would be real issues with sealing and spacing, so I seriously doubt if one existed it would be generic, it would be a one off for a specific application. You are definitely going to need some welding.

Understood.

One more question, any chance these dents on the trunklid could be fixed reasonably well or is it just not worth the effort?

The problem is that it has the spoiler on it and the spoiler is a real PITA to replace. Unless I can find a good condition trunklid with spoiler, it's going to suck either way. I have a black trunklid with no spoiler already on stand-by....hmm

You mean where the body line is?

Best of luck, Body lines are next to impossible. Might see if there is a Dr. Dent or a Dent Wizard around you somewhere and see if they'll take a gander.

Yeah, that looks like a brutal repair. I think for what you'd spend fixing it right, you'd be way ahead to just buy a new panel, even if it means swapping the spoiler over.

Got the new steering wheel installed

I actually did some work this weekend on my MR2....tried to remove the front bumper....but I have to get the headlights up or removed in order to get to some of the bumper screws. Battery is dead, too lazy to jump start it.

Will be doing lots more stuff soon, been saving up for a flight to Tokyo for September vacation, then I'm going to finally buy the 94+ tail lights, some tan leather seat covers (custom fitted ones), coilovers, and fresh paint.