Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Android tablet computing (Nexus and cetera)

No. The Nexus 7 2013 was the only Nexus tablet with wireless charging. I'm not finding any currently sold tablets with it. I think the battery size and rate of charging compared to the quick charge tech that has come out has made it less appealing to manufacturers.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Aw hell!

It looks like certain generations of Dell Android tablets also supported it, but they've discontinued their line entirely to focus on Win10.

I am not going to do anything til next month when I get back so I have some time to look I guess. I'd rather not buy a three year old tablet design, but hey, beggars can't be choosers!

Do you know what? I have an Xperia Z Ultra with a dock (and some spare magnetic wireless charging cables). I say Spare as I have so many Androids it's not really useful. The other reason it's not really useful is that by reason of my using it for folding, the heat caused portions of the rear cover to pop off(!!) and it is now no longer waterproof. If that cover issue is not a problem, I can look into how much it would cost for me to mail/DHL the whole shebang to you for postage (hopefully not more than USD40, including insurance?), and if it's not too high then maybe a nominal amount on top such as USD10 or something like that. Let me know.

Thank you for the offer! I am still compiling the...um... options for lack of a better term. My parents have a pair of Galaxy Somethings they aren't using anymore that might work too (with a wireless charging dock) - gonna try that out this weekend. I have no idea what the form factor should be.

I am seriously considering giving this a go:

http://www.android-x86.org/

Kinda wishing I still had my Venue 8 Pro on which to do it.

Where is it? I thought you and Russ were Venue Windows tablets brothers.

I sold my 8 when I got the 11. I'd almost consider Android-ing the 11, but I use it pretty often, the hardware is gross overkill for Android, and - the women are right - 11" is just a little too big for comfort.

I may, however, watch the Outlet for a VP8 or VP10. Sometimes they're like $66. I'd totally sacrifice one, and I have - I think - $89 in credit there.

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 is the new version of the one with the built-in stand I linked earlier: http://phandroid.com/2016/08/31/leno...us-specs-info/

Lenovo Yoga Book is...well, it's a 10" hybrid tablet, except instead of flipping out a keyboard, you flip out a Wacom-style drawing tablet...with an illuminated keyboard under the surface. Oh, and it's available with either Windows 10 or Android.

http://bgr.com/2016/08/31/lenovo-yog...-specs-photos/

Last edited by Kchrpm; August 31st, 2016 at 10:51 AM.