Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Android tablet computing (Nexus and cetera)

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Got an 8.4 Pro today. It's very fast and the screen is gorgeous.

Having trouble getting the BT keyboard to work. It says it's paired but I type and nothing happens. There don't seem to be any options available to enable it. Grrrrrr.

Keep us updated, that's one of the tablets that I've thought would be a good replacement for Janelle's old single core Galaxy Tab 8.9, which of course no longer receives updates or can be counted upon to work with current apps. I see plenty of deals on Galaxy Tab 3s, but the occasionally laggy performance of my Galaxy S3 makes me question how much life/support a 1.5GHz dual core processor Android device has left.

Pretty much nothing. I have, however, put my old tablets etc. to use by way of BOINC.

If you're looking around 9", the current scuttlebutt is that a new Nexus tablet will be announced in that range.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I bought a couple of these a few months ago. Turn your TV into a klunky Android tablet. Emulating touch screen with a mouse can be a little painful. Getting a keyboard to work would be tricky even its possible, since the USB port needs to be occupied by the mouse wireless minidongle. (A dongle on a dongle). So typically for keyboard input you guide your mouse over a soft keyboard.

http://www.factorydirect.ca/Canada-O...731398436019/0

Found it easier to use than anything else when checking on my http://www.strava.com/ results after a ride. And did watch some videos using it.

Initially I set it up for Android Market, then I back-tracked and merely loaded it up with some handy .apk files I happened to have. Means I'm stuck at arbitrary versions of those apps, of course.

I left one at ICS, and upgraded the other to JellyBean. Seems like JellyBean incorporated some functionality rollback in at least one app, likely in the name of DMCA.

Oh yes. Ultimately you ended up wondering why Android insists on being WiFi. Being able to plug this into wired Internet would be a distinct improvement.
    Last edited by SportWagon; March 28th, 2014 at 03:13 PM.

You'd be better off getting a GoogleTV device than one of those, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    If you're looking around 9", the current scuttlebutt is that a new Nexus tablet will be announced in that range.
    I've heard this, and if history repeats itself, it'll be hard to beat a Nexus device for value.

Is it possible to install an older version of an app? I've an older galaxy tab 10.1 and just did a restore to default settings and now I can't download Netflix since it says its not compatible with my version.

Only if you can find the ripped apk online.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Battery life on the 8.4 Pro is very impressive, especially when the screen is off. I get a ton of email for work and it's downloading all the time but it barely using anything to do it.

I have the screen locked on full brightness though so when I'm actually using it, it does draw a bit of power but it still lasts pretty long.