Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Android tablet computing (Nexus and cetera)

Photoshop Touch (not Express, that is the dumb version), Snapseed and Vscocamera (albeit different).

Just picked up a Nexus 9...what are the cool Android games I've been missing out on? Raiden? Any of the RTS games worth mentioning?
    Whoomah!

I usually go with TrustedReview's recommendations for mobile games. Most of them are ios focused though.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Just picked up a Nexus 9...what are the cool Android games I've been missing out on? Raiden? Any of the RTS games worth mentioning?
    Pocket Trains

We were at this place with an ice cream sundae bar. They had a topping bowl labelled as "Crushed Kit Kat". And I thought, "That sounds like a good idea".

Other fun games...
    Last edited by SportWagon; August 25th, 2015 at 03:09 PM.

Amazon gives away a ton of free apps. A new one every day. I've only actually paid for a few of them. I have got more than i know what to do with. Today's free app is a paid version of Cut the rope. A fun puzzle game.

Oh yeah, Amazon app store. Totally forgot that existed.
    Whoomah!

Mostly unrelated to the Nexus-ness and the Android-ness of my new tablet: it showed up with a European charger (two round prongs). I emailed the seller (this was "Fulfilled by Amazon") and they apologized and promised to send out a US adapter.

Which they did: an adapter from the Euro plug to a US plug! Derp. "A" for effort, I guess, but now I have a charger that is about 4 inches long.
    Whoomah!

Doesn't everyone charge off a USB port anyway? I have a 10 port charger at home which does full 2.1V to every port. It does have a fan and make noise but when you need to make a big omelette...

Yeah, by charger I mean "black box with plug on one side and USB port on the other."
    Whoomah!

All my Android tablets (5 varieties, I think) have a primary charger which is probably USB-base somehow, but has a transformer plug at one end, and a cyclindrical plug at the end which goes into the tablet.

There is a USB port for doing various fun stuff, such as attaching a keyboard, and you can charge through it too, but it seems a lot slower.