Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Apple itablet icomputing (iPad and derivatives)

If you add a separate plan, I wouldn't think it would affect your '"unlimited" but we really mean we throttle you after 3GB of 3G or 5GB LTE data' plan, but you'd have talk to AT&T to be sure.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about throttling. I don't go that high (over 5GB) too often, but when I do, I don't want to pay out the ass.

That reminds me, my Note allows me to set a warning level and my own data limit. Does the iPad/iOS have that? That'd be nice to avoid paying overages if I'm not paying attention to it.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; February 22nd, 2014 at 03:54 PM.

FWIU, there's no native app for it, though there are third party data usage tracking apps.

I would suggest adding the new iPad on a different account, maybe even going with T-Mobile instead. Just so you don't risk messing with the plan you can't get back.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Yeah, I'm not too concerned about throttling. I don't go that high (over 5GB) too often, but when I do, I don't want to pay out the ass.

That reminds me, my Note allows me to set a warning level and my own data limit. Does the iPad/iOS have that? That'd be nice to avoid paying overages if I'm not paying attention to it.
    AT&T will send you a text and/or email at certain percentages of use. I forget if I had to set that up or not, though. Might want to log in to your AT&T account and take a look.