Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Apple itablet icomputing (iPad and derivatives)

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    thanks, Keith. I knew it was going to be your answer.
    acket.

Jailbroke both iPhone 5S and iPad rMini... Pretty limited mods so far...

Added some toggles to Control Center (kill all bg apps, respring, reboot, power off), changed the transparency of the dock, sped up animations, more apps per page in the folder view, etc.

Only real downside of the rMini so far, that I've experienced, is the RAM seems to be fairly limited. I'm assuming it has 512mb, which is a real shame.

Luckily, I don't do a whole lot of high demand multi tasking, so it hasn't effected me too much. But I have noticed a couple tabs need reloading when switching between a bunch of active apps.

Edit: Sites say it has 1gb of ram, and Safari issues are just bugs, that are fixed with the upcoming 7.1. Well, that's lame (won't be able to use 7.1 without losing jailbreak).
    Last edited by Jason; February 3rd, 2014 at 08:08 AM.

Use Chrome?

Ew.

Junior Potato
    I think Chrome for iOS is really good. Better if you use Chrome on your desktop.

Although I can't compare it readily to the newer versions of Safari because it's been over a year since I used that.

...because I've been using Chrome.

Chrome lags a bit from time to time, but overall it's a more pleasant experience. I agree that it's good to use if you have Chrome desktop as that auto-syncs everything across too.

Another thing I like is how, once installed, if you "click" on a link in Gmail it opens Chrome rather than some shitty Safari/Gmail hybrid which always seemed to be totally fucking worthless and inflexible.

I've never liked Chrome on iOS.... it's simply Apple's WebKit in a Google wrapper, so there's no real advantage. I've also found, at least in the past, the sync to be buggy and/or slow.

Safari, while not perfect, has been pretty solid for me. In the past I used iCab because of built in ad blocking, but I have that system wide now. I might give Mercury a try, I've heard good things.

Junior Potato
    I tried Mercury.

Paid $3 for it even.

It got the Cam treatment. I use Chrome now.

So I got an iPad mini as a gift, but really don't want to keep it. I have a Galaxy note, so the mini seems like waste. I'm considering exchanging it for an iPad Air though. I kinda want to get a cell one, but am not sure I want to spend that kind of dough. I have an ulimited plan (AT&T) for my phone, and obviously don't want to lose that. If I just add a tablet plan, could that affect my phone plan?

I also looked at mobile share plans. Since I only have the lowest minutes/text, they're more expensive than seperate plans I think, and I lose unlimited data on my phone.

I wanted to take a look at the new Galaxy Tab 10.1, but it doesn't look like it's available with 4G.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; February 22nd, 2014 at 11:43 AM.