Thread: My vehicle videos topic: Cayenne Turbo ride...

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

My vehicle videos topic: Cayenne Turbo ride...

If the forum allows, i'll edit the end of the topic title each time i upload a decent new vid of something car/vehicle etc related.

Anywho, on Saturday we went to NZ's newest racetrack (my third or fourth time there, and it hasn't even been open for a year yet (April)!) with the motorbike club we're in, and one of the guys put our GoPro on the roof of the Porsche to get this vid.

Click on the YouTube button to read more/watch it on my page.

Plan on doing it again...

And apparently the silver one is quicker than the black one we went in? Gets real light on the overbridge or something too.
    And i think there is a third Cayenne on the way, as the taxis are proving very popular. Especially with the fortnightly visits to the tyre shop for each car... (no joke)

Coulda had a nice BBQ on the brakes after we got out, heck of a lot of heat coming out from the front wheels.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; January 21st, 2014 at 01:49 AM.

Neat - but, kinda strikes me as odd that someone would pick something so heavy (and thus £££ to run as a track taxi) over something like an RS4/M3. Tyre and brake bills are going to be sharp.

interesting collection of cars in the parking lot

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Yeah, there was a American/Australian car show on on the same day on the other side of the town. Even though there were a few Japanese cars, a few Porsches, Jag F-Type (nom) and Audi R8 there.

The Gallardo Superleggera at the end of the vid is owned by the track owner, Tony Quinn (races cars, owns VIP Petfoods - won the NZ Targa Rally too many times in his 996 911 Turbo and R35 GT-R ). He's been hanging around the track a lot lately (i've seen him a number of times, and talked to him once - briefly, like four or five words ) and is giving people a one lap ride in the Lambo for $125 NZD. It won't be a slow ride, by any means...

And the two 911 GT3s, Suzuki Swift and Aussie V8 Supercar (ex Stone Brothers Racing) at the start of the vid are all available to get driven around the track in ($200+ generally), or in the case of the Suzuki you can drive around yourself.
    As we were leaving and heading back to the bikes/cars a nice sounding 550 Marenello came cruising in.

It is actually an interesting point that you've made though Bubbles, they're definitely the best handling/performing SUV/big vehicle i've ever been in. As i said in the video description, it was a lot faster than it looks, and the brakes are pretty damn good too (driver kept braking late).
    I shoulda put the GoPro in the car to show everyone getting thrown around in their seats. No helmets etc needed, just pay for it, line up and jump in.
    But yeah, i'd hate to be the one paying the maintenance bills...
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; January 21st, 2014 at 03:50 PM.