Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ METAL \m/

Junior Potato
    That's where it's at

I've only been to maybe one or two shows like this, because unfortunately my area is the soullless, uncultured tourist shamozzle of the Gold Coast, and its full of trendy bars. I know of a few dives but none host bands.

You should go there more often.

Downside is they don't show a ton of metal. And I generally don't do other genres. But live, on the other hand, I might take in a few shows that aren't in my wheelhouse.

Administrator
    I've definitely never been at a metal show that small. Like, the stage is vaguely on a riser small. There was a venue when I was kid in San Diego that was pretty small, only held a couple hundred, and the stage was about 4 feet above the floor. My second ever concert was Napalm Death, Carcass, Cathedral, and Brutal Truth at that place. First show I moshed and crowd surfed at. At the end of the night, the back of my shirt was covered in blood that wasn't mine, no idea where it came from.

That was a good show. Wish I'd been more into Carcass at the time, I was mostly there for Napalm Death.

I've been to one small metal show. Two local metal bands and a PRC band to finish off (Choleriac). It was awesome. Everyone from the first 2 bands joined in after they'd finished their sets. The last band's finale was a cover of Angel of Death, and was particularly well-received!!

"They goin' in already!"
    Whoomah!

They just posted one for Master of Puppets today as well. I like these guys. Kinda hope they get around to doing something like Instrumedly or Dance of Eternity one day.

Well Holy Wars is the peak of human civilization and achievement. Split the atom, man on the moon, world connected by internet - phhh... Holy Wars!

I did like the bit when they went “it’s like a different song, like two songs”, um yes that would be Punishment Due!

Junior Potato
    I love the glasses dude. A minute in and his face was already melting.

Then the guitar solos started.

He is good, although he does pull the “need to poo” face a lot
    They do know their stuff

That's called "stank face."

What stinks? Things that are funky. Things that are nasty. Filthy McNasty. There's a long tradition of reacting to something particularly funky with stank face. It's a sign of respect, and for musicians like me, a sign that you're doing it really right.
    Whoomah!