Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ METAL \m/

Administrator
    Mayhem are actually touring the US doing a full playthrough of De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas with Attila, Hellhammer, and Necrobutcher (and some other dude on guitar, Euronymous was unavailable).

Their only show in the area is a significant distance away, and I'm also vaguely worried I might get stabbed.

EDIT: Just found out their closest show was three days ago, so I guess that answers that question. I have my thumb on the pulse of this scene.

Went to gunners on Friday night. Not a bad show, was in crap seats near the back row of the stadium!
    Cool that Angus Young came out and they did a couple of AC/DC songs!
    Axel looked old, Slash is still the man!

Oh really? They're playing here in about a week too

Awesome! Thought about going to Bangkok to see them but I'm really busy that week. Also a bit worried that it'll ruin my memories of the band.

Junior Potato
    I heard that Angry Anderson joined them in Melbourne, too.

Having read some reviews, I'm less worried about them putting on a bad show, but I still think on balance that I'd probably better skip it as I have quite a few hearings in March, and family and other obligations.

I can't actually believe I'm saying that, given that I thoroughly enjoyed each time I watched Axl and Slash (separately) perform - but maybe that's why? And taking 12-18 hours to watch them in Bangkok is definitely a larger chunk of time out of my schedule than watching them in HK. I'm also learning from my failure to go see Iron Maiden in Shanghai, as I think there's a zone of inefficiency that concerts that are in other parts of Asia fall into.

Whoomah!

Awesome. Would've easily gotten USD10-20 from me, just for keeping the metal alive.

My son loves Machine Head, particularly their cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name and the Unto The Locust album. Always asks for metal in the car by saying "Metal, please", and if we change to something else he asks for it again (or says "Metal" when I say "Metal or [Another Genre]?").

I am so proud.

Administrator
    \m/