Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ METAL \m/

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    speaking of Ticketmaster, if there's any tickets left by next Tuesday when I get paid, I'm going to see Babymetal in Orlando on Sept 4th. Will be in general floor/mosh pit area, hope I don't get crushed, lol

They're doing another massive tour this year and early next year, the third or fourth world tour so far.

Amon Amarth, with At the Gates, Arch Enemy and Grand Magus. Last night The Rebel in Toronto, which is a really nice venue, now.

Grand Magus opened so they only did four songs, which is a shame. They were Bucket List, for me. All the bands crushed, though.

I've learned I can no longer handle Wednesday night metal shows and driving home at 2am.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    For those of you who care, the new Babymetal album, Metal Galaxy is generally awesome, I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars. It's a much more mature album (as it should be since they're in their 20's) and some of the songs are spectacular, especially "Shine".

They are also not done experimenting, now doing metal fused with indian/bollywood music, 90's eurobeat, nordic/celtic, R&B style, power metal, and yes, a few "pop" metal tracks as well.

Still, this song really gets to me:

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    I've learned I can no longer handle Wednesday night metal shows and driving home at 2am.
    Welcome to my world. I saw Todd Snider with special guest Ramblin' Jack Elliott (born in 1931!) at the Boulder Theater last Thursday. It was an epic hippie-fest.

I reckon these fellas are about as far from metal as you can get, and the show ended at 10:30 pm. That's a nice time for us old folks to make it home safely before the crazies get on the road after the metal shows let out later.

They sang the closing number together. As you can see, the mosh pit was pretty tame at this gig.

Administrator
    I recently was thinking they should really reverse the order and have the headliner go on first so I can get home at a reasonable hour.

That is sometimes what is done in Ibiza.

Junior Potato
    I’ve bought a ticket to see Opeth in December.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    They sang the closing number together. As you can see, the mosh pit was pretty tame at this gig.

Man, someone needs to open up that fucking pit.

Got tickets to see Lacuna Coil this month, Slipknot in Jan, Within Temptation/Evanescence in April and Nightwish in December.

That's your year sorted, then!