Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ METAL \m/

Administrator
    Had no idea that Carcass had gotten back together, their newest album is $5 on Amazon MP3 this month. Not sure that deal extends outside the US, though.

My wife also picked up a Dio tribute album for me, "This is Your Life". Not amazing, but definitely entertaining. Tenacious D are predictably extremely reverent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Had no idea that Carcass had gotten back together, their newest album is $5 on Amazon MP3 this month. Not sure that deal extends outside the US, though.

My wife also picked up a Dio tribute album for me, "This is Your Life". Not amazing, but definitely entertaining. Tenacious D are predictably extremely reverent.

Loved the Metallica medley, Corey Taylor's Rainbow in the Dark, and Anthrax's Neon Nights. The others were serviceable. What pissed me off was Rob Halford completely phoning in Man on a Silver Mountain, when Ripper Owens would've done a TREMENDOUS job, and he wasn't even on the album.

Administrator
    Agreed, I expected a hell of a lot more out of Rob Halford.

In other news, I'm feeling ultra metal for finally having picked up Mayhem's Deathcrush, but then decidedly non-metal for having done so as an MP3 album off Amazon which I promptly streamed to my Chromecast. Yuppie Black Metal for life, yo.

Metal is metal, no matter how you listen to it. Listening to Celine Dion on vinyl or on a beat up tape deck in a beat up truck does not make it metal.

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Agreed, I expected a hell of a lot more out of Rob Halford.

In other news, I'm feeling ultra metal for finally having picked up Mayhem's Deathcrush, but then decidedly non-metal for having done so as an MP3 album off Amazon which I promptly streamed to my Chromecast. Yuppie Black Metal for life, yo.
    Deathcrush is fantastic. So is De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas but for different reasons.

Remember "Metal Evolution" by Sam Dunn?

Did anyone else have the feeling that they were missing an episode on extreme/death/black metal? It turns out they always wanted to make one but ... well either the networks didn't like it or they're just full of excuses. Either way it doesn't matter any more because http://bundles.bittorrent.com/bundles/extrememetal

PS. He's Canadian right? Fingers crossed for Devin

Incidentally, I wrote those last two posts while listening to this:

I'm a fraud

Nice!

And yes, he is.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Incidentally, I wrote those last two posts while listening to this:

I'm a fraud
    More non-metal content!

Dig the original version! It starts out slower than Miller's version, but take the time to listen to the whole thing and the lyrics if you can stand the non-metal-ness of it.

Quote Originally Posted by someone on YouTube
    While Steve Millers version is fantastic and a great cover, Paul's original version is out of this world. It's a very deep and heartfelt song. Paul, who was completely blind by the age of 20, sings of his experience on an airplane trip from Boston to Montreal to play the first-ever date with T-Bone Walker's band.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pena
    Last edited by George; May 30th, 2014 at 09:25 AM.