Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: \m/ METAL \m/

I always liked the Kate Miller-Heidke song we entered - still think that was the best

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    A legit heavy metal band represented Australia this year in the Eurovision Song Contest. The song they entered is quite synthwave and pop-inspired (which is appropriate I guess), but they do have a really good back catalogue of decent music. I had considered going to one of their gigs before but never got around to it, so now I can’t say that I saw them before they were famous.

Also, solid MR2 action can be seen herein:
    Video unavailable in my country. Voyager? I've enjoyed their music for some years! I don't watch many music videos but somehow I ran across this one for Colours which features a MK1 MR2, and man it hit right. T-tops, pop-ups, and metal = life is good.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Babymetal are performing here on the 31st, and I thought about going but have decided not to. They're not really my style, and I am gonna save some money/quota (time and injury-wise etc.) for Graspop. In particular, it would also suck hard if I got injured due to moshing at the warm-up act and couldn't go to Graspop.
    You're missing out

I'm going to the Babymetal concert here in Orlando, BUT I'm annoyed because they chose a crappy outdoor venue in early September....80% chance of rain/lightning as we get pretty much daily in the summertime.

HOPING it stays sunny or rains way earlier in the day. Can't believe they're doing 87 concert days this year. They finished with Sabaton in Europe, doing Asia tour, then US tour, then back to Europe again

Indoor, fully air-conditioned venue here. Return tickets on the airport train (23min to or from the centre of town) cost usd12.

Still not going. May consider changing my mind if they drop by a local metal record shop.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Video unavailable in my country. Voyager? I've enjoyed their music for some years! I don't watch many music videos but somehow I ran across this one for Colours which features a MK1 MR2, and man it hit right. T-tops, pop-ups, and metal = life is good.

That's them! Good to see the band leaning into the campy side of their musical taste. I lost touch with them in the last few years and they're more synthy now, and I like it a lot. The song in the video you can't see is called Promise. You might catch the Eurovision performance via alternate means, but be aware it is mimed, so YMMV.

I hope that the niche/cult status of Eurovision here doesn't make them megastars like Wolfmother did when they became known overseas, so going to a local show might still be a chill affair. But if they become big in the colder parts of Europe - metal's spiritual home - then who knows what good things might happen?

They brought the MR2 TO the Eurovision contest thing (I know basically nothing about it, except they shipped it to Europe just for that show)

I love RedLetterMedia, was not sure what this was about from the title but it's discussing Death Metal band names and IMO it's hilarious

Didn't watch Babymetal but the performance was praised, unlike the layout of the venue.

Their setlist for the Asia tour has been great from what I've seen.

Just packed 14 metal t shirts/vests (8 Slayer). Metal everyday, all-day and night.