Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: C7 Corvette Updates/Info

Quote Originally Posted by MotorTrend.com
    The most interesting tidbit from the document is that 4.2-liter and 5.5-liter V-8 options are also expected—presumably for the upcoming mid-engine variant. IHS’ production estimates suggest the 6.2-liter V-8 will be the most popular option, which would make sense if the C7 carries on as the “volume” model, followed by the 4.2-liter and finally the 5.5-liter. Corvette Forum also believes the smaller V-8s will likely be twin-turbocharged and of a dual overhead cam design.

In terms of horsepower, the 5.5-liter will reportedly make a maximum of 850 hp, with the 4.2-liter cranking out something closer to 650 hp.

If so, that would mean the top-of-the-line mid-engine Corvette will make nearly 100 hp more than the already-quick Corvette ZR1, and the mid-tier C8 will make about the same power as a C7 Z06.
    What does that even match up to?? That power level crushes anything under $250,000 USD currently.

While that's cool and all, I feel like the Corvette is one of the last bastions of plentiful NA power (or SC if you want) in a somewhat reasonable package. A turbo Corvette just wouldn't have the same raw feel. I mean, shoot, I rode shotgun in a C6Z on the street a few weeks ago and you could feel the darn thing rumbling at idle. That's awesome.

Michelin makes a winter tire in the widebody (GS, Z06, ZR1) sizes now, but quantity seems to be limited (Tire Rack ran out of rears, and Michelin won't sell them through their website).

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ilot+Alpin+PA4
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Just gon leave dis here…

(It’s the 100th win edition)

I want a C7.R model, but all I can afford are the Hot Wheels versions (of which I have 2 or 3).
    Get that weak shit off my track

That thing is tits!

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    I want a C7.R model, but all I can afford are the Hot Wheels versions (of which I have 2 or 3).
    I have at least one among a bunch of Vettes. I love the Greenwood casting.

So, I don't know if I explained on here, but my dad, maybe a year after buying his manual C7 convertible, got into a motorcycle accident and lost the lower part of his right leg. He eventually sold it, not just because of the manual, but also getting in and out.

Anyway, almost 2 years later, and with being much most used to his prosthetic, he bought a '17 auto coupe He got that ice blue color, which is tame, but I think looks great, suits him, and was only available for one year.

He also got back into flying, and bought another example of the single engine plane he had years ago

Glad he hasn't let it sideline him.

That's awesome