Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: C7 Corvette Updates/Info

C7 Corvette Updates/Info

The metadata for the C7 Z06 reveal site leaked the engine output: 620 hp, 650 lbs*ft.

http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-c...d-f-1496255058

I'm disappointed but not surprised that there isn't going to be a 500-550 hp, 7k rpm or higher redline naturally aspirated engine. The automotive world just isn't going that way.

Now to wait to see what other changes are being made, and wonder aloud if it will trickle down to a Grand Sport package in a few years.

Yeah, looks like this is kind of a half Z06, half ZR-1 successor. Makes you wonder if they will be doing a 700+hp version down the line or just stick to two main levels this gen.

What do you want your dream car to have or do, Keef? Power is power, it's still going to sound the business.

As you've said, if you want to stay ALL MOTOR, stick with the Stingray.

I want an updated LS7. Direct injection 7 liter that revs to 7k rpm or more. I built one in Automation based on the LT1 specs, it was glorious.

Yeah, the LS7 is still the top dog naturally aspirated V8, IMO. The AMG 6.2L (they can call it a 6.3 all they want, it's not) made similar power from a bit less displacement, but a much larger form factor and higher weight. The Ford Coyote and and BMW M3 V8 aren't in the same league, and Ferrari flat-crank V8s are a completely different animal.

The LS376/480hp is a much better $/hp kind of engine, but I would bet you that the LS7 stands up to being used hard on a regular basis. It's basically the closest thing to a LeMans engine you can get in a street car these days, especially considering the price.

Confirmation of SC?:

Yeah, everything is lining up, from the pictures of the engine to the output to now that image. Not surprising at all.

Raw video from the Corvette PDR system.

Judging by the pistons we've been making for...someone...there is definitely a forced induction motor on the way.

So my dad revealed to me he's planning on buying a C7. I hope he really does. I can't wait to 'borrow' it