Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: C7 Corvette Updates/Info

Fun facts I just learned: crossplane is used in most road-going applications because it can greatly reduce vibration. Flatplane is used in racing because it lets the crankshaft be much lighter, therefore less inertia therefore faster to rev up and down.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; January 12th, 2014 at 06:52 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Fun facts I just learned: crossplane is used in most road-going applications because it can greatly reduce vibration. Flatplane is used in racing because it lets the crankshaft be much lighter, therefore less inertia therefore faster to rev up and down.
    It's also to do with evenly spread exhaust pulses with flat-plane cranks and the effect on tuning. The uneven firing of cross-plane cranks sounds better though IMO.
    Last edited by LHutton; January 12th, 2014 at 09:01 AM.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    maybe its supposed to look like the LM version or something?
    Nothing like that on the C7.R.

Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

As an aside, I don't really get the point of putting the camo on a GT. There's not going to be a whole lot of crazy aero stuff going on due to rules, right? I get the dazzle job on the P1s, but not GT's. I liked the older testing looks of black with minor decals and/or special minimalist liveries. I'm kinda surprised we didn't see the dazzle paint on F1 like a decade ago though.

Perhaps it's purely for attention grabbing? They are using a similar pattern on the sheet covering the C7 Z06 before its unveil tomorrow.

Yeah, I'd imagine it's more to hide any of the styling cues from the Z06 that will make their way onto the C7.R.

Cool.

Some more leaks:
    * 620hp, 650lb-ft
    * 7-speed manual or 8-speed auto
    * Three aerodynamic trim levels on the Z06, with the top level being Z07
    * Same wheel sizes as the ZR1

Live stream of Z06 & C7.R unveiling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoCp4cR0FCw if embed of live doesn't work.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 13th, 2014 at 06:03 AM.

It's starting off with a camouflaged model being hauled around Detroit as part of a C7 Corvette caravan. Not really sure why they're doing this, other than to make the reveal longer. And now they're doing a slideshow of Z06 pictures through history.

Seriously, it's just a helicopter or camera car view of the Z06 driving around Detroit with cheesy rock music playing and a cheesy announcer. It's useless fluff.

Oh wait, now that they're on the highway there is other traffic...maybe they want people's pictures of this happening to become a social media thing. Still, a stretch. Whatever. I was hoping this would be over by my meeting at 10, more likely it won't even start until then.

Edit: ~30 seconds of camouflaged Z06 video, but only the first 10 or 15 seconds replaced the caravan, then it went PIP in a corner. More cars are joining the caravan, though, seems like it's up to 30-40, with a new Caprice police car and a C7 pace car leading the way. Probably pretty impressive to see in person.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; January 13th, 2014 at 05:43 AM.