Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: C7 Corvette Updates/Info

625hp, 630ft-lb. Targa with CF panel standard. The reveal didn't start until 10, all that other stuff was just filler I guess. And the reveal wasn't much, in terms of showing us the cars.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; January 13th, 2014 at 06:16 AM.

And the numbers were given with an "at least" or "more than" in front of them.

Apparently the drive through Detroit is a thing that's been done before, someone in the Jalopnik comments pointed out the Cherokee that drove through a glass wall also drove through Detroit first. They probably stream that video on the screen in the reveal area while all the journos are filing in and getting situated.

Waiting for pictures to get released, but the Z06 looks like the leaks and the C7R has a very similar paintjob. The main differences, aside from typical race car stuff (sponsors, mirrors are different colors to differentiate the cars), is a grey area extending back and down from the side vents. It's...seemingly random.

Edit: Brett posted a link to a pic on Facebook, the black on the sides looks taller than the car that was revealed I think.

Last edited by Kchrpm; January 13th, 2014 at 06:26 AM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

https://www.chevrolet.com/2015-corve...-supercar.html

The Z06 has a pretty serious spoiler, I wonder how bad the highway mileage is going to be on this thing. Not that it matters in this market, of course.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; January 13th, 2014 at 06:43 AM.

In the video the gray area looked more silverish and metallic, so I was thinking it's a heat thing.

It's got a Gurney flap, which is pretty efficient; the fuel economy hit probably won't be that severe. Assuming anyone cares about around-town fuel economy for this car, as noted.
    Whoomah!

ps. Jake on the engine cover.
    Whoomah!

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I cant quite tell, but is part of that gurney flap transparent?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Looks like it, I guess for rearward visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post

Whenever I see the ass of a C7...

...it's terrifying! #didntlikeitontheLFAeither

Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter is doing an AMA on Jalopnik: http://jalopnik.com/ask-corvette-z06...ing-1500006288

Predictably the NA question came up:
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerheadFistpunch
    I want to know how specifically you arrived at such high power targets. Its obvious that hitting them meant ditching the NA engine for supercharged which is little saddening for LS7 fans. Was it because this was meant to be, essentially, the Z06 and ZR1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadge Juechter
    Our original intent was to do an NA engine, we were unable to achieve all of our performance, durability, and regulatory (emissions) goals with NA. We weren't even close. You couldn't just do DI, VVT, no cylinder deactivation, 7.0 liter motor with the increase we would have wanted. New regs could have led to a horsepower decrease.
    Not surprising.

Also he says that the reason the car has a torque converter automatic and not a DCT is because the "Torque converter is very important to enable cylinder deactivation, which is better than any DCT."

He later expands:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadge Juechter
    What customers really want is a very fast, very responsive transmission, and that's what we've provided. Our new internally designed 8 speed auto is far lighter than the previous 6 speed and any dct that could live behind this engine and we benchmarked the best DCTs in the world for shift speed and quality, and engineered this trans to match and better them.