Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: C7 Corvette Updates/Info

Oh, for sure, this is strictly couched in my current buying preference. Right now I'm not going higher than $40k for a car, and everyone in the world knows exactly what car that's going to be.

Money no object with a ceiling of, say...$125k? It gets simultaneously more clear and more complex as the C7 will lose to one of either the M6 or F-Type, probably. Ceiling of $90k? It's a fight between the C7 and Challenger Hellcat I imagine.

Used viper? Those things are nucking futs.

However, that price is also prime for a GS

Info on the 2018 changes.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ead-below.html

Nothing jumps out to me as major. Just one new color, replacing a blue-ish silver with whatever Ceramic Matrix Gray is. Being able to order the carbon brakes on the GS without getting the Z07 package is a little strange. I thought they were the most expensive part of that package, and they just recently started a deal specifically to clear carbon brake cars off dealer lots. Maybe they had a number of people that liked the brake upgrade but didn't want the high wear tires and high drag aero to go with it. Or maybe they just want any way to get rid of unsold stock they purchased.

New for 2018....

Deletions

(GGB) Sterling Blue Metallic exterior color

(12*) Dark Gray Z06 interior

(205) Twilight Blue interior

18" front/19" rear Stingray wheels (QG6/QX1/RPK/QX3) and (XBK) 18" front/19" rear Stingray tires

(ZLD/ZLE/ZLG) Design Packages (198 Jet Black sueded and 755 Spice Red interiors still available)

(Z25) Grand Sport Collector Edition

PO wheels: 5YU/5YV/5YZ/5Z2/5YX/5YW/5Z8 (all still ACO)

(PBC) Customer Engine Build Program

(PD5) Buyers Tour with engine build experience

New Features

(G9F) Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic exterior color

(Z30) Carbon 65 Edition for 3LT Grand Sport and 3LZ Z06

(RNP) Z51-style 5-split spoke, Black-painted with Yellow stripe aluminum, 19" x 8.5" front and 20" x 10" rear wheels

(RNM) Torque directional Silver-painted aluminum, 19" x 8.5" front and 20" x 10" rear wheels

(R2Q) Torque directional chrome aluminum, 19" x 8.5" front and 20" x 10" rear wheels

(RNN) Motorsports Black-painted aluminum, 19" x 8.5" front and 20" x 10" rear wheels

(Q9C) Z06 Black-painted aluminum with Yellow Stripe, 19" x 10" front and 20" x 12" rear wheels

(37S) Blue custom leather stitch

HD radio

Changes

2LT interior adds color instrument panel brow (now common with 2LZ)

(141/143/144/145/146) Gray interior now available on Z06

(755) Spice Red interior is now available on 3LT/3LZ

(198) Jet Black sueded interior is now available for 3LT/3LZ and includes (FCC) high-gloss carbon fiber, instrument panel and (N2Z) carbon fiber and sueded microfiber-wrapped rim, flat-bottom steering wheel

(80T) Spice Red convertible top now available

(196) Jet Black sueded interior not available with color stitch options, now use (198) Jet Black sueded interior

(36S) Yellow/(37S) Blue/(38S) Red custom leather stitch now requires (195) Jet Black interior and (FAY) carbon fiber instrument panel trim; or (198) Jet Black sueded interior

(UQT) Performance data and video recorder updates include additional toolbox data available: All 4 individual wheel speeds, All 4 suspension displacements, Yaw rate, Intake air temperature, Ambient air temperature

(Q7S) Z51-style 5-split spoke, Silver-painted aluminum, 19" front/20" rear and (XFJ) P245/35ZR19 front/P285/30ZR20 rear, performance, summer-only tires now standard on Stingray

(R86) Motorsports polished aluminum wheels are now available for all Stingray models

(Q8U) Z06 10-spoke blade Pearl Nickel-painted aluminum wheels are now available for all Z06 models

Standard Rear Vision Camera now has a wide view

(DUR) Grand Sport Satin Black Center Stripe Package now available with (Z15) Grand Sport Heritage Package

(FE2) Magnetic Ride Control no longer includes spoiler or wheel change

(J57) Ceramic disc brakes now available on Grand Sport without (Z07) Z07 Performance Package

NEW! Calipers, Blue-painted
    1 - Included and only available with (Z30) Carbon 65 Edition.

Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic on the Carbon 65 edition is not what I expected. Last year's GS special edition was a dark grey, and it's replacing a silver, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Edit: Holy crap it's a $15,000 option. Just for a bunch of carbon fiber bits and a unique-but-not-special paintjob. Yeesh.

Last edited by Kchrpm; April 10th, 2017 at 01:50 PM.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Looks like white to me

Goes a little faster when it isn't snowing.

I wonder why the new Cadillacs have the digital rear view mirror but the Vette doesn't.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/05/05/2...d-speculation/

Some speculation on what's next, with their reasoning and evidence. Short version: DOHC engines (of nearly identical physical size) replace the OHV models in the Corvette and all other current Gen V V8 applications in the short term. The long term gets crazier.
    Last edited by Kchrpm; May 5th, 2017 at 06:22 AM.

I can dig I.

1978 sunburned Corvette?

Go.