Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Post yer neat pictures here! (Original content only, plz.)

fire? if so you're overexposing it >.>

Fire dancing, specifically. And honestly, it's nearly impossible to know quite how well exposed it's going to be because the amount of flame coming off of those things varies hugely from moment to moment. But alternatively, if it was less exposed, the people watching it wouldn't be as much a part of the photo.

you'd just bump the blacks and shadows in post, but forgetting that i'd still try to be 2/3rds or so a stop down, and try to grab some detail from the flames themselves, plus introduce a bit more shadow to the scene might give it more of an active feel. Basically shoot it a lot at different levels Fire itself is fun to shoot.

Use bracketing to take multiple shots in succession at different exposures.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Added more from Sunday: https://goo.gl/photos/JbeR8dGarnfGaYX68

In reality, I'm too lazy, unskilled, and under-equipped to do the kind of photo manipulation you're talking about with the multiple images Keith. But instead of admitting that, I'm going to just say that I don't do it because film cameras something something purist something something cheating...

And to answer your question, yes it gets very tiring being such a hypocrite all the time.

Rik, I don't feel that you ever get the quality and detail in the darker areas by lightening them up after the fact vs actually taking the photo that way originally. Unless of course you do something like Keith said.

I didn't know you were using a film camera, my bad. It's usually very easy with digital cameras, it's just a feature you turn on where every time you press the shutter it takes three pictures instead of one.

No its digital, I was just saying that some elitist people would probably say that pulling that trick with a digital is kind of cheating in the grand scheme of photography. I don't feel that way, but it's a nice stance to hang my hat on instead of admitting I just don't have the skillz to do it.

Also, at the size of photos that modern cameras take, taking three photos for every one press of the shutter would eat up tons of storage.

No skills involved, it's usually just a setting you turn on and it does it automatically.

At the track I was using the 10 fps burst mode to this weekend, that was burning through the end of my 32 GB card, but just meant I had to delete some year old pictures (and get rid of the ones that suck from the burst shots).

Do the cameras automatically combine the photos into one to achieve an even exposure across the image?