Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3D Printing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    You realize that's the second version and the first one has been out for almost a year....one of my friends has one. It's cool, but not quite as easy to use as I'd hoped.
    Yep, and the 2nd generation of the product is supposed to fix many of the usability issues of the 1st gen. The 1st gen was almost unusable due to inconsistent heating and feeding, not to mention the bulk. The 2nd gen is looking pretty rad if it does what they claim it can.

Could a 3D printer print something like a Shower head? I know you'd need a rubber washer.

Yeah. Thatd be easy to do

I don't know you'd be able to get good water flow through such a thing though - resolution on 3D printers is still pretty bad.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I don't know you'd be able to get good water flow through such a thing though - resolution on 3D printers is still pretty bad.
    It depends...there's some pretty decent resolution ones available, especially if you don't mind waiting a looong time to print it...also Form 1

Elon Musk is printing rocket engines. Surely 3D printers can/will be able to print shower heads.

Okay, I should qualify my statement - consumer grade 3D printers probably don't have the resolution to print nozzles. Certainly industrial printers and/or printers that print in things other than plastic exist which can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    ...also tiny plastic penis.
    FTFY.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Okay, I should qualify my statement - consumer grade 3D printers probably don't have the resolution to print nozzles. Certainly industrial printers and/or printers that print in things other than plastic exist which can do this.
    Consumer grade depends on your definition.

IMO the Form1 (now Form1+, improved version) is consumer grade, it's $3,300 and is considered a "home" 3D printer and doesn't cost much more than other home 3D printers using regular FDM

Well, then print us up a nozzle. I don't think it will work.