Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Windows tablet computing omnibus thread (Surface, Venue, etc)

Hmmm... that's cutting it close. I WISH I COULD FIND ANOTHER VENUE PRO!

I made the call on a S3... the 4gb/128gb version. It was $350 in refurb form from microsoftstore.com - I went with it due to ongoing availability of the dock and the type cover... neither of which I purchased but might if they work out. Hopefully these guys do what I need them to... I will be interested to see how they compare speed-wise vs. the VP... maybe not in any sort of objective way, but at least as I'm using them.

Congrats! Should be alright.

In other words, I have ordered a Dell P4317.

That's a nice display - I installed a trio of them at a doctor's office to display MRIs, etc. for patients. What's crazy is that even at a grand, they're still cheaper than traditional "medical imaging displays" which might be 2-3x that... and for this application bring nothing to the party.

Yeah, right? Going to put my 2715 (or whatever model it is) in portrait mode and pass my 2407 to a colleague.

Also, at usd705 I just couldn't resist.

I am just getting one of the 3s finished up for a test. I had to upgrade to 10 Pro, and that introduced some problems... I think because the 10 Pro choked when trying to add features from a 10 Home restore partition. Pointing add/remove features to a flash drive source of 10 Pro got things moving, so it seems a possible explanation. "Just Windows 10" is tangibly slower on the Surface 3 than my Venue Pro, which is not much a surprise. It's not something that would get in anyone's way I don't think, but I can see how it might lead to slowdowns elsewhere. Not a problem here - I think the application I need to run is going to be absolutely fine.