Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Windows tablet computing omnibus thread (Surface, Venue, etc)

Hmmm... that's cutting it close. I WISH I COULD FIND ANOTHER VENUE PRO!

I made the call on a S3... the 4gb/128gb version. It was $350 in refurb form from microsoftstore.com - I went with it due to ongoing availability of the dock and the type cover... neither of which I purchased but might if they work out. Hopefully these guys do what I need them to... I will be interested to see how they compare speed-wise vs. the VP... maybe not in any sort of objective way, but at least as I'm using them.

Congrats! Should be alright.

In other words, I have ordered a Dell P4317.

That's a nice display - I installed a trio of them at a doctor's office to display MRIs, etc. for patients. What's crazy is that even at a grand, they're still cheaper than traditional "medical imaging displays" which might be 2-3x that... and for this application bring nothing to the party.

Yeah, right? Going to put my 2715 (or whatever model it is) in portrait mode and pass my 2407 to a colleague.

Also, at usd705 I just couldn't resist.

I am just getting one of the 3s finished up for a test. I had to upgrade to 10 Pro, and that introduced some problems... I think because the 10 Pro choked when trying to add features from a 10 Home restore partition. Pointing add/remove features to a flash drive source of 10 Pro got things moving, so it seems a possible explanation. "Just Windows 10" is tangibly slower on the Surface 3 than my Venue Pro, which is not much a surprise. It's not something that would get in anyone's way I don't think, but I can see how it might lead to slowdowns elsewhere. Not a problem here - I think the application I need to run is going to be absolutely fine.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! TheBenior's Avatar
    After 15 months, my Surface Pro 2 Type Cover has failed. It still lights up, but the keys and track pad only work occasionally at best. Until a new one arrives, I'm being reminded of how much the included Touch Cover sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    For those of you that wish to read Comixology comics on your Surface/Win10 Tablets but don't want to use the shitty web interface... you can 'backup' your purchased comics to use in another app (I use Cover, fantastic imo) via a Chrome extension:

https://github.com/Cortys/comixology-backup
    Another gtxf mention of github.