Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows tablet computing omnibus thread (Surface, Venue, etc)

FWIW, B&H Photo has the revised Dell stylus available for pre-order. I have no need for a stylus, but if you do...

Haven't needed it so far, though I'm curious to see if the reviews are better.
    Whoomah!

App-wise, are you still running stripped down, or have you put anything cool on yours?

I've got "Hyper" (3rd party YouTube app) and "Freda" (Windows Phone e-reader app) as my main additions. Waiting patiently for Firefox's March (estimated) release. Also waiting for Pandora to do an offical app; there was one for the Windows Phones.

Stock mail client is working nicely for me; multiple accounts is helpful feature.
    Whoomah!

Nope, not a thing! I tried an app that was supposed to control Windows Media Center on the TV, but it worked really, really poorly. If I could find one that worked better I'd be all over it, but for other stuff I do I haven't found it lacking in any way.

Yesterday I bought it into the office to pull codes and reset a CEL on a Yukon. Minds blown.

(I didn't bother mentioning you can do the same with an iPad )

FWIW, the one review I've seen of the Dell bluetooth k/b wasn't very positive, mainly because they rearranged some important keys.
    Whoomah!

Yeah, I read that. I am eyeballing the Logitech one (I like their cover/keyboard for the iPad), but I haven't felt compelled to spend real money on a keyboard I would infrequently use. I think for real work I'll still grab my laptop, although I gotta admit in the past several weeks I've been reaching for the tablet more often than my laptop. Maybe in another few weeks I'll be using the tablet most of the time, and a compact keyboard for it won't seem excessive...

It annoys me that MS and google are dicking around pointing fingers at each other rather than actually having a calendar system that works and updates.
    Whoomah!

Conceptually, I agree, but since I don't use Google for anything it doesn't affect me.

What does affect me is the fact I can't use Google Maps or Youtube on my Windows phone for absolutely no good reason. Google filters out web browsers that aren't based on webkit (so, essentially, only mobile IE) and prevents those services from working properly, even when they are technically capable of it.

I am currently trying to find the best solution to let a Windows tablet stream to an AirPlay device. That's my mission.

The obvious work-around is to just have a bunch of IE links as tiles on my start screen--but that's really dumb, and they don't live-update.

Memo to Microsoft: if you want people to start picking up your shiny new UI, then make it easy for them to do the things in it that they can do in Android, etc.
    Whoomah!

On another note, Dell's driver/BIOS update app is bad at remembering which updates you already downloaded and installed. Lame lame lame.
    Whoomah!