Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Discussion

NASCAR Discussion

New Nascar Chase format. It's becoming more of a knockout tournament.

Get that weak shit off my track

Points reset after each round, I've read, as well.

Some scattered thoughts:
    I can't wait for some non-Chase driver to take out one of the top four in that last race.
    If they are going to continue to include the crap-shoot that is Talladega in the Chase, they should include a road course, too, IMO.
    Whoomah!

I despise this. And will continue to watch the Truck series instead.

This bullshit means, in theory, that you could go into Race 3 as the points leader, have a guy (maybe not even a Chase guy) put you in the wall, finish 35th, and BOOM you are officially out of Championship contention 7 races early. Fucking. Stupid.
    Last edited by tigeraid; January 30th, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

It almost seems like NASCAR is stuck in the same rut that the PGA was after Tiger burst onto the scene, trying to "Jimmie-proof" the Chase to prevent domination by one driver.

I hope he wins the next three.

edit: the nice thing about the trucks is that they haven't been totally overrun by NSC drivers, unlike the Busch (what are they called now?) cars.
    Whoomah!

I have to be careful whenever I talk about racing series making drastic changes, because I start to have CART/IndyCar flashbacks and can't help but rage at the machine.

Suffice it to say that I'm not a huge NASCAR fan and I'm not a NASCAR hater, and these changes won't affect either of those facts.
    Get that weak shit off my track

The Trucks are still badass. More short tracks, less awful 1.5 mile ovals. A normal points system (Crafton won the championship last season with only one race win, because he was THE BEST DRIVER OVER THE SEASON). And as Random mentioned, you only get maybe 5-6 races a season where Kyle Busch shows up and ruins it. They're also officially the most diverse series in the country, with short tracks, intermediates, super speedways, a road course in CANADA, and a dirt track.

I can't wait for the new season.

The trucks were super fun to drive online, too, when people modded up NASCAR 2k3.
    Whoomah!

Apparently, according to the new math, Dale Jr would have won the championship in 2013 without even winning an event?

Wow that is a horrible format. Very exciting I'm sure for the more casual fans, but really won't reward the best, most consistent driver throughout the season. Will they still get the same bonus points for wins going into the Chase?

Nascar needs to ban drivers from running all the series. They already dont let them score points in more than one. Just need to take that final step.

this new knockout thing is really stupid.