Page 84 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3474828384

Thread: The thrust of curiosity that leads men to try to go where no one has gone before. (The Space thread)

I started no conspiracies guys. Grounding of starship is fact. Whether 60 or 50 corrective actions, it remains grounded.

I did wonder about somethings, but wondering shouldn’t be a crime.

You guys really believe FAA knows better than SpaceX regarding how they should fix their shit? This is not a commercial plane. Not even manned nor is it suppose to fly over populated areas. I just thought FAA is being overly careful grounding an experimental vehicle.

Anyway, forget about SpaceX for a moment. NASA also recently admitted that our Artemis rocket is unaffordable.

This double blow to our return to the moon dream is very annoying to me on a personal level. So maybe I’ve said some stuff that upset you guys, but anyway, not my intent. To be fair, if they defund Artemis(SLS), I can totally understand. (Portion of my paycheck comes from that) it’s supposed to be affordable by using off the shelf shuttle parts! However, things have dragged on and got expensive. There’s really not much to defend other than if we really want to get back there, we ought to push forward.

For an experimental launch that’s not spending taxpayer money nor is it endangering people, I really don’t understand what FAA is worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGeneral View Post
    I'm afraid that can never be allowed to happen. Your country is filled with emus. If they ever got to outer-space and adapted, it would be a galactic war crime. I believe the prevention of space-emus is covered in the updated Space Force mission statement.
    Space spiders is where its at!
    How big would they grow in 0 gravity!?!

SpaceX sure works fast. All corrective actions are done. FAA should clear it for launch now…

SpaceX has always required FAA approval, and has always had a team of people working with FAA/NASA. There's nothing new about having a list of corrective actions after a rocket explodes, or even after it doesn't explode.

It's also an orbital rocket, while the highest risk area immediately downrange will be cleared of people it will eventually fly over land/uncleared ocean, and also poses a risk to other satellites in orbit. The FAA should have oversight of the launch.

Was not try to do away with regulations, just saying government regulators seemed to be extra careful with Elno. Similarly with SEC. SEC liked to pick on Tesla more than FTX. Had SEC spent the same level of effort on FTX, maybe that can save a lot of investors some money?

Hope FAA is really just doing it’s job and not trying to mess with SpaceX just because of Elno. We’ll know come October timeframe… starship should be cleared for launch then.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 15th, 2023 at 07:31 PM.

Junior Potato
    Maybe someone at SpaceX should offer kickbacks or bribes like Boeing did.

Yeah, when other foreign aviation agencies decided to ground 737max planes, FAA still had Boeing’s back! Wasn’t that nice?

Junior Potato
    I mean, I don’t see SpaceX conducting fraudulent activities. But that’s the FAA’s fault apparently.

Don’t really understand what you mean there.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Comet Nishimura's brightness is scary AF.
    acket.