Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Halo 5 for XBONE

I am going to agree, as it sounds like a well-constructed argument. I have never played Halo.

I noticed there was an update for this game, so I started it. 42GB! WTF? The whole game was only like 40GB.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I am going to agree, as it sounds like a well-constructed argument. I have never played Halo.
    You could stop reading this article right here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotaku
    Halo used to mean quality. Its campaigns were all heroic military sci-fi, full of brilliantly-designed levels

So I've purchased some used copies of Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 this past weekend for the X1X. That's Halos 1/2/3/4/5 -- I just need Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach to round out my collection.

Playing through the original Halo now and it's pretty obviously the PC version. You can toggle between the original & "high-end" graphics on the fly; I'm playing with the original graphics most of the time for nostalgia's sake. The rendering engine must be pretty simple because there are hitches and framedrops on even the X1X from time to time. Six teraflops is not enough!

Working my way back up to Halo 5's splendiferous graphical 4K splooging.

Junior Potato
    Yeah, MCC is great but…

OG Halo on OG Xbox was lightning in a bottle.

I still remember the first time I stepped out of the pelican using a Duke on my brother’s brand new Xbox. Can’t replicate that feeling no matter what hardware it’s played on.

Yep, 343 Industries has some big boots to fill and a storyline to wrangle back under control. They can't have Cortana be the antagonist, especially since Microsoft has been pouring untold millions into developing her as a mainstream Siri/Alexis-competitor!

Not to mention getting the Master Chief back under UNSC's authority and conducting legitimate operations?? Everytime I look at Halo 5: Guardian's storyline, my head explodes.

Get the story back to Master Chief & Cortana conducting operations, period. Against rogue Spartans wielding Forerunner tech, against a faction of the Covenant attempting to restore the authority of the Prophets, against a mysterious group that's causing Flood infections on Human worlds, etc. Whatever. Maybe get another freakin' Halo to make an appearance?

How Microsoft's Phil Spencer greenlit this plan from 343 Industries is utterly beyond me.

EDIT: Real good discussion about H5 and the Halo franchise here:

Heh, apparently Phil Spencer visited 343 Industries at the beginning of the year... and then Halo 6 was absent from E3 & Gamescom in Germany this year. Can you say scramble & re-org? Another Destiny in the making with a 12-18 month dev crunch, I wonder...
    Last edited by novicius; November 14th, 2017 at 07:19 AM.