Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: YW's 2013 BRZ

You guys

I could look into it but it's probably better that they're shipped within the US and I get some locally. I'll chase up local pricing and so on.

Regardless of fitting coilovers or not, you will need to find somewhere decent to do the alignment. I'd try the 'Porsche' place if I were you, hopefully they will be serious about making cars handle better and know their stuff.

I know it's a long shot, but if you know any local BRZ/GT86 drivers with aftermarket suspension, try and blag a passenger ride, as I feel there's no substitute for first-hand experience. In my experience conversely, what people say on owners club forums wasn't helpful for me - lots of love for cheap coilovers among the S-body crowd, but my experiences echo those stated above - cheap ones are worse than useless for a car you want to drive on the road.

I've decided... Not to buy anything as I hardly have time to drive the car anyway. Plus I also need a new battery.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Weigh the ROI before you pull the trigger.

I asked my rents to drive it occasionally (once a week) in order to give the battery a bit more TLC.

They failed to even leave the carpark twice and reported a burning smell. I drove it for 15 minutes just now and it's still there. I think they've thrashed my clutch.

Explains why they didn't get it out of the car park...

IIRC, the last time I valeted my Mazdaspeed3 (which has such an on/off clutch that it got mentioned in numerous reviews), the smell of burnt clutch persisted for at least half an hour. I've probably done a good 15k miles since then.

Yes it does.

Thanks Benior, I was planning to leave it anyway as the car is due for an oil change in December and I'll just ask Subaru to check it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I've decided... Not to buy anything as I hardly have time to drive the car anyway. Plus I also need a new battery.
    Criminal. Give it to me. You can have my bus pass.

Santa needs to get you a trickle charger for Christmas!

Nah, it's ok. I bought a huge Panasonic battery.