Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OLED teevs

Thanks for posting that, Kid. I might be picking up the 55" P-series soon. Replacing a 50" DLP Samsung.

For all the people who say 4K content isn't available, my cell phone records video in 4K and so does the new GoPro 4. Just sayin'. To be honest 1080p was pretty good at 50" anyway, but heck, at these prices why not 4K?

4K in-car race videos would be great
    Get that weak shit off my track

Yeah, at those prices, I may upgrade soon myself. OLED doesn't seem like it's getting much closer.

I'd probably have to get a 60" in order to make it worth it.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about LG's C6P/B6P/C7P/B7P series (6 =2016, 7 = 2017). I spotted a good deal on Amazon and pulled the trigger on the 65C7P... fingers crossed it arrives in good condition.

I still absolutely love my 65" B6.

Edit: Just realized how old this thread was before Scotty bumped it. I think we were talking OLEDs etc in the 4k thread at one point.

My bad! Also, didn't realize you had a B6. Awesome. Glad to hear you love it

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    My bad! Also, didn't realize you had a B6. Awesome. Glad to hear you love it
    I got it last year when it went on sale around the holidays. It was quite the jump up from my 42" plasma

Inky blacks are absolutely amazing when watching in a dark room, and you have high quality source. HDR is a neat feature, but I'm not sure if it's really all that great on an OLED since OLED contrast is already fantastic on 'normal' content. If I'm watching HDR content at night, I have to turn the 'backlight brightness' way down, otherwise it's way too bright when your eyes are used to darkness. But once you get it tuned in, specular highlights really make scenes pop (Daredevil's night scenes, with bokeh balls in the back, come to mind).

WebOS is pretty neat, but also a bit over the top. The apps range from solid to bad. Netflix/Hulu/YouTube stream really well, Amazon Prime is terrible, unfortunately.

Not sure about the C class, but LG provided some firmware updates to improve gaming lag on the B series. To the point where the game modes aren't needed at all, imo. At least as long as you turn off the various processing options. (dynamic contrast, noise reduction, etc)

RTings has good base calibration settings, in my experience.
    Last edited by Jason; July 12th, 2017 at 09:07 AM.

I've been watching the price on my Amazon wishlist... Now I'm not sure with HDR improving regular LEDs, if OLED is worth 2x the cost.

I know 128 backlit sources doesn't match OLED's individual pixels. But, it's probably enough for me to save $1k.

For some reason, for 2017, the C7 is not curved (good). It's a flat screen like the B7. The B7 is an identical Costco model with a black base. It's kinda strange. So I assume it will have similar firmware this time around? *shrug*

I did hear about the good gaming mode, and the low input lag performance in general. A lot of the Giantbomb guys were recommending it (one of them also working for CNET). Once I learned of all the other reasons to check it out... I just had to. Plus I need a TV to wall mount in the new place.

Big discounts this holiday season......I am so tempted.