Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OLED teevs

Been a year-ish since I got my B6 for a higher price than this year's models and deals.... And I couldn't be happier.

So what I'm saying is.... Do it. DO IT NOW.

Junior Potato
    OLED is becoming a much more affordable technology, but my next TV will still be an LED.

I can't afford it this year, but lately I've had my eye on the Sony X9000 series TVs. They're good middle-of-the-road TVs with HDR, perfect for pairing up with a PS4 Pro or an Xbone X.

The Samsung Q7 series LED are recommended as well. They've just had a price drop to bring them into line with the Sony offering I mentioned above, but their black levels aren't quite as good, and they're edge-lit, not back-lit like the Sony. On the flip-side, the colour reproduction is more accurate.

I saw the 65" LG B7 at Costco for $2350 with a 3 year Square Trade warranty and 6 months of Sling Orange with HBO, but I need prices to come down a bit more before I replace my old Panasonic G25 plasma.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    I saw the 65" LG B7 at Costco for $2350 with a 3 year Square Trade warranty and 6 months of Sling Orange with HBO, but I need prices to come down a bit more before I replace my old Panasonic G25 plasma.
    Been tracking the B7; it was $4,449.99 six months ago at Costco, even the non-sale price is below $3k now
    With the lack of 4K content I'm easily willing to hold out another year or two and have it drop close to $1k (even then I'd need a PS4k and GT7 to come out to be absolutely sold). TV signal still comes in at heavily compressed 1080i or 720p

GT7 We'll be buying 8k Holographic TVs by then.

Finally got the 65C7P mounted. We actually had to have two rows of stone from the fireplace removed and the mantel lowered in order to make room for it. Oops. But not our fault... the damn thing was too high to begin with.

But it's mounted now... and awesome. Currently linked up to an Nvidia Shield TV, and I've hardwired ethernet to all the important bits (Shield to router, router to gaming PC upstairs).

I’m so happy with my LG 55” OLED TV. It’s not 4K as I got a close out 2015 model. If they’re still doing the deals on the LG 55” 4K one at $1500, I’d recommend picking one up.

Personally, I find the the BLACK blacks far more impressive than 4K resolution.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Administrator
    They hatin'?

Seriously, though. That base looks like something out of the early 70's. I mean, I know you have to have a base to hold the rolled TV, but it's amazing how incredibly dated it looks compared to this sleek screen coming out of it.