Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Rich's KN of DOOM was: Rich's 2016 FiST of d00m

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I only kept my insurance cuz I didn't want any bullshit when it came time to make a claim on my uninsured underinsured for my crash, which i'm doing now, and yes, for which there is still bullshit. I'm D O N E with Progressive as soon as this is over.
    I ditched Progressive this year because they were raising my rates $50-100 every 6 months in spite of my not having made any claims on my depreciating assets. They replaced Farmer's for the same reason.

I ended up getting the best rates with the insurance broker Goosehead Insurance through Liberty Mutual.

I have Safeco and that’s also part of liberty mutual and I currently do have the lowest insurance rates ever in my life!

I was thinking to trying progressive because I had an unpleasant experience with Safeco, but I guess I probably should just swallow that unpleasant experience for now since I still haven’t found a cheaper insurance company. Plus, there are now more and more companies who’d discriminate against Hyundai/Kias so they won’t even bother giving me quotes!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    I ditched Progressive this year because they were raising my rates $50-100 every 6 months in spite of my not having made any claims on my depreciating assets. They replaced Farmer's for the same reason.

I ended up getting the best rates with the insurance broker Goosehead Insurance through Liberty Mutual.

Will look into that. Cheers.

Last Thursday morning I was headed to work and driving slow because of snow. I was focused on the road and the traffic behind me and here comes Bambi directly into my path. Other than a small crack and some fur embedded in the bumper cover there wasn't any major damage. Odd thing is when I was leaving work to head home I popped the hood to see if there was anything askew under the hood and noticed the coolant overflow was almost empty. I topped it off on Saturday and checked it today and the level was half as high as when I filled it. The overflow is on the right front and the deer hit the left front. I checked the oil and no coolant there. I also haven't noticed any leaks on the ground.

Balls! Driving home from work, about two weeks ago in the Prius, stupid deer ran in front of me. reminds me, I should explain it in my thread.

As far as your coolant. Maybe it wasn't filled to begin with.....

Oh deer!

Yeah, kinda doubt the impact would cause an internal coolant leak. My generation Kia Sorento’s V6 engine has some known headbolt issues and Kia had extended warranty to cover that to 15yrs and 150k miles! However, although not quite applicable to you, since you have different engine and no coolant mixed with oil, you probably should still let the dealer diagnose this if it continues to lose coolant.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 23rd, 2024 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    As far as your coolant. Maybe it wasn't filled to begin with.....
    Coolant level hasn't changed so guessing it was severely underfilled.