Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's KN of DOOM was: Rich's 2016 FiST of d00m

I assumed he was from Dallas-Fort Worth.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Ooh!
    acket.

Came out to the car from early voting last Monday and saw that part of the bumper was hanging down. Got under the car and found that one of the two tabs that secure the bumper cover to the body pan was hanging down because the threaded and stud that was supposed to be there wasn't. Went to the dealer on Weds to order the missing parts. Ended up ordering the wrong one. Find the correct part # for the nut but not for the stud. Parts counter guy takes a pic of the one that's still there and sends it off to Ford. I hear back from on Friday that they found the proper part # for the stud. He also said that Ford recommends welding them into place. The ones on the car aren't welded, just threaded into the hole. The one on the car comes out quite easily. So I called the body shop that worked on the car when it was hit last summer and they tell me to bring it back at my convenience. Which means they didn't if they were supposed to have.
    20190502_170338.jpg

A few months ago I got in the car and the clutch pedal was on the floor. I thought that was really weird. I reached down and pulled it back up by hand and I didn't have an issue with it again until one day last week I was headed to work and the clutch pedal slowly worked its way down to the floor. Pulled it back up and it didn't happen again, until the next day when I was leaving work and the pedal was again on the floor. Pulled it back up and away I went. I took the car to a local shop last Weds and the tech drove the car three times and couldn't get the pedal to stay down. Since then it hasn't happened again, but tomorrow it's going to the dealer to see if they can figure out what's going on. A Google shows anything from a wonky return spring on the pedal to a bad master or slave cylinder. And if they can't find anything wrong then I guess I wait until it happens the next time and finally fails for good. So odd.

Last Wednesday I bought an '05 Dodge Caravan as a backup vehicle. It's about as much of a stripper as your can get. Only thing missing is roll up windows. It has 135k miles, a very clean interior and totally rusted out rocker sills under the sliding doors. It drives nicely. The tires are good and the brakes are excellent. No leaks, smoke or smells. Besides the rusted out rockers the only other problems are a wonky rear wiper motor and a passenger side window that goes up and down slowly.
    Got the FiST back last Thursday. They replaced the clutch slave cylinder under warranty. Glad for that because even though the part is only $80, it's the labor that kicks you in the balls.

Yeah, dodged a bullet there.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Only thing missing is roll up windows...passenger side window that goes up and down slowly.
    I think the solution here is obvious.

Enjoy your new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I think the solution here is obvious.

Enjoy your new ride!
    Well the spots for the winders are in the doors, they are just plugged.

Thanks.

I decided to name her Bambi, because it's a stripper SE model. I was going to drive her to work on Saturday and the battery was dead. Jumped it when I got home and took it to get the battery tested. It maxed out at 185 cca(out of 525). Replaced the battery.
    I drove it to work yesterday and (the brake pedal has always been soft since I got it) the pedal went all of the way to the floor and there was a clicking sound. Took it to the shop today for an oil change and to get the brakes checked. Front brakes are ready to be replaced, rear drums need to be cleaned, alternator belt is cracking, front sway bar links are toast and power steering/trans fluids need to be flushed. I told them to go ahead and do it all. Some people would've ran away at the estimate. I have a reason for my insanity.
    Last edited by speedpimp; July 15th, 2020 at 08:04 AM.

I was out yesterday morning doing my weekly grocery shopping and noticed what looked like slush sitting on top of the left rear tire. As I got closer I noticed that it wasn't slush but the (per Ford's language) "quarter panel filler" had broken loose. I guess the wheel well go so packed with snow and ice that it ripped the piece from whatever was holding it in place and plopped it on top of the tire. I used a pair of scissors to cut the material away from the tire. Yes I said scissors because the thing is made out of some sort of heavy cloth. Good thing is the part and all of the hardware are about $75 all in. I have no idea how much of a pain in the ass it is to install it. This would be the second time it's been replaced because the first time around was when somebody did a 3 am hit and run almost four years ago.