Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's KN of DOOM was: Rich's 2016 FiST of d00m

They're fine. I got lucky.

Put the summer tires on about a month ago. Took her to Tire Rack to get the TPMS sensors "relearned". Two(LF/RR) wouldn't sync. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the LF sensor and it still didn't work. Took it back to the dealer and they decided that the body control module was shot. They ordered one and told me to drop in any time, but not around 5 PM as that would be inconvenient. So after working six days this past week, hopefully this Tuesday it will be fixed for good.

Body Control Module switched out yesterday. Today on mile 15 of the drive to work(when I came to the same spot where every day I'd get a message saying "TPMS error" or "TPMS sensors not found") nothing happened(which is a great thing).

Pretty much. Dealer called today to make sure if everything was good and to see if I had filled out the survey they had sent me. This dealer seems to be fixated on these surveys and making sure they get only excellent scores.

BMW does it too.

Dealers are under major pressure from brands. If you told someone about your dealer giving you bad service, would you use the dealer by name or just say 'The Ford dealer' or 'XX Ford' which then reflects badly on the brand more than the dealer themselves. Customer Satisfaction scores and 'Net promotor Scores' (NPS) are king these days.

Looks like the turbo on my work truck('15 Hino) is dying. At least it lasted 172k miles.

So I thought it was a done deal that we're never getting the new FiST, but I keep hearing that Ford crash tested the Fiesta body and so might bring over just the FiST because apparently the engine is being used in some gross subcompact CUV or something. Any truth to that, SLM?

The Eco(ECHO)sport(which may be the "gross" CUV you're referring to) gets a 1L I-3 and a 2L I-4. It also weighs 3000-3300 lbs. Not sure how the acceleration is, but I can't imagine it being too swift, unless you've always got your foot into it.