Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's KN of DOOM was: Rich's 2016 FiST of d00m

Get to it!!

My dad has been driving a '96 Lincoln MK VIII for the past year because his last Ford Taurus was unsafe to drive(too much rust underneath). Talked to him last night and he traded the Lincoln on another Taurus, an '08 this time around. It's the newest thing he's owned, but still a damn Taurus. It's like he's fated to them.

Just turned 10k on the FiST and next Tuesday she's going in to get looked at. At low speed I can hear metal on metal from the left rear when I apply the brakes. The rotor isn't grooved at all. This is what warranties are for.

Might just be dust/salt/dirt build up, I get that too, goes away after a good car wash... then comes back because I'm lazy about car washes

It's a lot more difficult in the city. When I had a garage & driveway, it was done monthly instead of yearly.

I'm not too good with the car washes either because I park in a dirt lot at work that tends to turn to mud.

In the middle of a week's vacation and instead of taking a nap, I decided to put the summer tires on. I tried using my super heavy Pep Boys floor jack, but ended up using the factory scissor jack because of the pinch weld and a cut out that fits nicely on the OEM jack. Ran into a slight problem when I smacked the LF tire to break it loose and the jack slipped kinda/sorta pinching my hands between the tire and the fender. Thank fuck my cousin was able to get it jacked back up so I could get my stupid hands free. That's when we realized that the pinch weld fit into the cut out on the jack. The skirt is a little loose and looks like I'll be checking Youtube to see if there's a video explaining how to properly reattach it without screwing it up any further. On the plus side I finally learned how to use a torque wrench. Even though the tires were stored in the shed over the winter they retained the majority of their air.
    DSCF0492.jpgDSCF0481.jpgDSCF0483.jpg

For the next time you try using a floor jack:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351882479493

Ordered. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    For the next time you try using a floor jack:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351882479493
    Hey, that's neat! I made something very similar out of old conveyer belt material years and years ago, but it's looking pretty haggard. That'll save some time and energy!

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    Ran into a slight problem when I smacked the LF tire to break it loose and the jack slipped kinda/sorta pinching my hands between the tire and the fender. Thank fuck my cousin was able to get it jacked back up so I could get my stupid hands free.
    Slight problem? I hope your hands are ok after a car fell on them!