Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's KN of DOOM was: Rich's 2016 FiST of d00m

She got hit in front of the house around 2:45 this morning. Whomever hit it took off and drove back around to grab something out of the street that fell off their car. They forgot a few pieces of their tail light. Take her by the bodyshop tomorrow after work for an estimate and I'll go from there. It is drivable, though there is rubbing of the back bumper cover on the tire when making a turn or going over a bump.
    20180701_032232.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Whoomah!

Saw that on FB, sorry Rich. It will probably buff right out but it will fuck up your value when you go to trade it in.

Buff out? Ptooey! Used a toilet plunger and WOILA! as good as new.

Booo! That sucks.

FiST has been in the shop since last Saturday. I have had a '17 Mitsubishi Mirage as a rental. I could've gotten a Sentra(or "medium sized" car per my insurance). Since I had heard nothing but bad things about the Mirage, I wanted to see for myself just how "bad" it is. When I take a right turn at 35 mph it howls like a coyote in heat. When I put the tranny in "Sport" mode it likes to go above 4k RPM on a regular basis. The engine is noisy and not very smooth. It sucked down a 1/2 tank of gas in the first three days I had it. On the third day I realized that the Florida plates had expired last month. I filled her up and did some math(4.4 gals vs 169 miles) and realized that she wasn't that much of a pig after all(37.7 mpg), just suffering from a tiny ass fuel tank.
    On the upside, the rear windows go all the way down, instead of 1/2-2/3 way down like on most cars. With a decent set of tires this car would be a lot of fun. Also I drive this car a lot harder than I do the ST. It's tiny on the outside, but inside it isn't cramped at all. Not a car I would buy for a daily driver, but as a rental it isn't all that bad.

A week ago I turned on the defroster and was greeted with a clicking sound from the dash. It went away after a few seconds. It happened every time I turned the defroster on. Then it happened when I'd turn the heat on. This morning it happened as soon as I started the car. A quick Google says it may be the "blend door actuator". Appointment scheduled at the dealer. Not sure if it will be covered under warranty or not as the car hit 36k miles today. Either way it will be fixed.

Has happen twice to my FiST. Mine would flap the blend door a couple times each time the car was started.

First time under warranty it was the HVAC control panel.

Second time (55k miles so no warranty) it was the blend door actuator, cost $568.21.

This has been the first car I've owned where it's looking like I should've bought the extended warranty.
    Last edited by XHawkeye; January 26th, 2019 at 03:55 PM.

Fixed. The parts were $63 and labor was $240. They also broke a brake switch, which they replaced.

I had the blend door activator thing, covered under warranty I think.

Also had a broken brake switch.

The FiST does not have a great build quality in that regard. Engine/drivetrain seem solid, but all the other stuff is kinda bad