Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boomstick Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    It was a Micro-Uzi, which is about half the weight and has triple the cyclic rate of fire of the full-size Uzi. An 8 year old boy was killed firing one in 2008.

The Micro-Uzi would more accurately be described as a machine pistol than a submachine gun, which are traditionally pistol caliber carbines.

Granted, the submachine gun seems like a bit of an evolutionary dead end these days, having been replaced by short barrel rifle caliber carbines and PDWs like the FN P90 and HK MP7, but machine pistols are oddities along the lines of oviparous mammals or snakes that give live birth. They're difficult for grown men to control on full auto, let alone small children.

Friend has an airsoft version of the micro-uzi, it's gas propelled. It's RoF is high enough that it has muzzle climb and this is just a toy version of the damn thing.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

1. The clerk should not have handed anyone a loaded weapon in the store.

2. The cop should have treated the gun as if it was loaded.

Double fuck-up.

What the fucking fuck? The cop racked the slide and chambered the round. It shouldn't even have been on the shelf with a loaded mag in it. Stupid Stupid STUPID on both parties counts.

I've only ever handled weapons under supervision on a firing range but even I know that you always, and I mean ALWAYS double check (and then check again) the chamber is empty. Hell rack the slide 3 or 4 times at least.

Yup. You pick up a firearm; drop mag, rack slide back to VISUALLY verify empty chamber, then proceed with finger off trigger and safety on.

I finally got around to getting my posession and acquisition license application mailed off to the Feds, now I'm waiting for them to do their background checks. There's a shooting range within walking distance from the new house and they're accepting members. Now I have to figure out what kind of boomstick to purchase. For now I just want to do target shooting, so I'm leaning towards some sort of .22 rifle. The inner child in me wants one of those guns that looks like a scaled down version of an AK-47 (e.g. Mossberg 715t). The grown-up in me says play it safe with something like a Ruger 10/22. I'm a bit nervous about the Mossberg and anything like it after talking to the instructor at my PAL course since according to him, our government has been cracking down on anything with more than a 10 round capacity as of late.

See, this, this right here is what terrifies me about most gun owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXEK...utu.be&t=1m45s

That's jerry miculek. What is so Scarry about that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Miculek

It should also be noted that that particular gun is going to cost you at least $10k. People with expensive guns like that are probably not the ones you need to worry about, unless maybe if they stole them.
    Last edited by overpowered; February 6th, 2015 at 12:02 AM.