Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (potential spoilers! read at your own risk)

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    So apparently a lot of people are up in arms about the last scene with Sansa in the last episode.

People called it gratuitous. For this show? Really? There's been much nastier stuff. Yeah, this was fucking creepy and I did not like it but there's been much more disturbing stuff on the show. This was mild for Ramsay. He's done much worse stuff like hunting and killing girls in the woods for sport.

What annoys me more is that apparently in the books, this scene doesn't happen to Sansa. It happens to a minor character named Jeyne Poole who most people think is Arya Stark at the time. Sansa is never betrothed to Ramsay. That's a pretty big change to the story. These things tend to have butterfly effects through the whole story.
    Last edited by overpowered; August 12th, 2015 at 11:20 PM.

Yeah, this is the season where they really start to make their own story. I get it though. There are just too many separate characters and plots in the books to have a cohesive show in just 10 hours a season. I suspect next season will be completely original stuff.

The fact that the act happened off screen and all we saw was the reaction on Reek's face was all that really needed to seen.
    As far as gratuitous, how soon people have forgotten about the background action during Little Fingers season one soliloquy or Kahl Drago breaking in Danerius on their wedding night.

Also,

Strictly speaking, is this really rape? Sansa submitted willingly. She obviously didn't want to, but she wasn't physically forced or threatened or anything. It was just something she had to do on her wedding night and will probably have to do more. The culture is roughly similar to medieval times and from what I understand, this is how things often were -- arranged marriages where people often had to marry people they really didn't like and have sex with them.

Also, what the fuck is up with Ramsay's girlfriend? She's witnessed first hand what a complete psychopath he is. She's got to be seriously fucked up. Come to think of it, she participated in some of the torture.

Last edited by overpowered; August 12th, 2015 at 11:20 PM.

Speaking of her hot sociopathic tendencies:
    Spoiler:
    Isn't she the one who took the prettier girl for a walk and she got ate by dogs?

I couldn't remember so I looked for it on HBO Go. It was in S4E2, The Lion and the Rose. She didn't take her on a walk. The episode starts with the hunt in progress and she did participate in the hunt and shot the arrow that took the other girl down before the dogs got her. Reek was following along. I'd say she's as psychopathic as Ramsay. Now I see why they're together.

From my understanding, feminists are up in arms because Sansa's sort-of-rape will, we hope (?) help guide Theon to snap out of it and maybe be the hero, helping her escape when Stannis attacks.... As OPPOSED to Sansa herself using it to form her character, to get her revenge. Which is a weak argument in my eyes, because we don't know how it's going to play out yet--for all we know, she'll stab the prick herself. It's whining for the sake of whining--we know the show is rough, we know rape and incest and regular violent deaths occur. And often, revenge upon those acts happens.

Practically every episode drives me insane when it ends. Seriously, you can't end it there. Fuck.

There is one solution. Abstain then Binge.

Valyrian Steel and Dragon Glass, eh? Glad all the mentions of Valyrian Steel finally culminated in something useful, at least.

So we have Jon Snow's sword, and the two sword's made from Robb Stark's sword. Whatever happened to Ned's? Or was that Ned's? Or was that even the right material?
    Last edited by Jason; June 3rd, 2015 at 03:24 AM.