Page 70 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (potential spoilers! read at your own risk)

Omg just watched the video posted above....so perfect

"die immediately"
    "we are going to undo all that"
    "the council of surviving characters"

That is just too good!

Almost one year later and I decided to re-watch season 8. Big mistake. I thought maybe a little time would help me view this in a different light, and maybe gain some appreciation for it. Fuck no. It was still terrible. Really terrible.

Had its moments, of course. Especially in the first couple of episodes. The rest was execrable.

The Critical Drinker on YouTube did a nice massacre "review" on the final episode

I wonder what the train wreck final season will do for future generations of potential viewers ... knowing that the final season they have to look forward to, is unwatchable dreck.

I watched all 1:17:55. Loved their combined arc from start to finish, even in Season 8. Their final exchange actually brought a tear to my eye. It was one of the (very) few things that D&D got right in the final season.

So I started rewatching Game of Thrones. This time with my wife. I wasn’t sure how she’d react to it, but I think she likes it. We’re halfway through season 2 and the fact that she’s sticking with it, (and not falling asleep), is a good sign.

Like everyone else she loves the heroes (Daenerys, Arya, Tyrion, Jon Snow etc), and despises the villains (Viserys, Joffrey, Cersei etc). She gasped in horror when Ned Stark lost his head.

She’s also quite intrigued about Jon Snow’s mother, but as you know her identity is revealed at the end of season 6. I don’t know for sure if she’ll stick around that long, but I do hope she’s around for at least season 3 - for the Red Wedding of course. I wish I could watch that again for the first time. It was so shocking.

I have been thinking of trying to rope my wife in as well. She's not usually into ANY of this. But the show is just so well done all around...who knows. She loves a good story that she can try to predict the outcomes...she will hate being wrong alot.

So we just finished season 3. The Red Wedding was epic as always. My wife gasped and I heard a lot of "oh my god" and "what the fuck". It was great, though I made a mistake I should have made a recording of her watching it. I've seen a lot of these Red Wedding reaction videos and they are priceless!

So we're getting ready to start on season 4. So far she's still into it. She badly wants to see Joffrey lose his head.

Very brief teaser with a lot going on. This is series is supposed to follow the Targaryen civil war, aka the Dance of the Dragons. I'm excited for it, but would be even more excited if they would do series on Robert's Rebellion or Aegon's Conquest. Still this should be good.

BTW, my wife and I made through 7 seasons of GoT. Not very excited about moving onto season 8. Oh well, might as well watch it.

Is the prequel run by the dumbfrucks who ruined the original, as soon as they went past where the books finished?

That's probably going to be the make or break of it really ... the quality of the script. Hopefully it isn't script by committee, it's one strong writer running the show.