Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airsoft: Grown Men & Toy Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I wonder what the barrel lengths are on the AR variants...
    what length do you want?

I have a CA G36E and a JG G3SG1. used to have a G&G UMP but sold it. Haven't played in a good couple of years since my old team leader got paranoid that I was going to try and rip the team away from him and kicked me off..

Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    what length do you want?
    I'd want something around 12-14 at the longest. I like the feel of SBRs

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    I'd want something around 12-14 at the longest. I like the feel of SBRs
    the default barrel length will most likely be the same as an actual m16, and they're fairly easy parts to change around if you want longer

standard on the real deal is 20 in. Anything below 16 in the real gun world is an SBR and requires a tax stamp and proper paperwork to own do to BATF restrictions.

So you're looking for an M4 or an M4 CQB style rifle then...yea if you want an AR airsoft gun, they come in as many different flavors as the real thing, some can even wear the same furniture as real weapons.

That first pic looks like the cast of a really bad war movie.

Wanna Fight?
    Airsoft phase during our teens escalated into an arms race which ended with people buying actual air weapons that fired .22 metal pellets which could easily break skin through clothing.

My brother reinforced the compression valve in his rifle and it would crack a housebrick in half at 40 feet. Nobody fancied getting shot with that so we all stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Airsoft phase during our teens escalated into an arms race which ended with people buying actual air weapons that fired .22 metal pellets which could easily break skin through clothing.

My brother reinforced the compression valve in his rifle and it would crack a housebrick in half at 40 feet. Nobody fancied getting shot with that so we all stopped.
    Over here you'd get done for that: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...d-air-gun-shop

In fact I bought my G36E and all the relevant accessories from exactly that shop. I obviously kept everything stock, thouh, as there's really no need to mod anything, particularly as most of our "games" took place in relatively small urban airsoft areas where a pistol would be more than good enough.

I think Japan has some of the lowest FPS limits around when it comes to airsofting. Of course, Tokyo Marui has some crazy good hop-ups in their guns, so that helps balance it out.

To add more content, here's a vid of gameplay taken by yours truly at my first game of 2014. Camera is a helmet mounted Contour, gun is a TM SPAS-12:

Not pictured in video: me getting shot repeatedly by snipers who outranged my CQC setup.