Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Fiber

Just glad I am not the only person thinking about it.

Rumors/leaks are saying that Google wants to offer mobile service in the areas where they offer Google Fiber.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/03/g...-service-leak/
    Get that weak shit off my track

I would not mind that at all. Here in KC there is no wireless provider that anyone rates as better than about 4/10.
    You'd really think that with Sprint being ostensibly headquartered here, that they'd have a good network. That thought would be wrong.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Sprint is a joke in and of itself...

Yeah, its actually pretty funny how terrible sprint's network is here. My wife used to work on what had been the sprint headquarters campus in a heavily poulated area of town. Often, she couldn't even get 1 bar standing outside the building. They don't even slightly care what connectivity is like.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Yeah.

In Google news. Parents signed up for Fiber yesterday. I move out in August, but have talked to my landlord and told him I'd pay for the hook-up fee ect as long as he gets it going.

I NEED something good and reliable. ATT has been shitting the bed on the internet the last 2 months, and this week is getting worse with each passing day.

EDIT: to the point that I cannot access sites that I don't visit on a regular basis, this goes for videos on youtube also. Not just my computer, but brother and dad having issues with it also. Fuck AT&T. I can pull 5mb/s now with a good ping, but the internet connection is sporadic at best and they seem to not really care.
    Last edited by Godson; April 4th, 2014 at 01:02 AM.

To further laugh at the pathetic nature of how the competition is handling google fiber, I now I can't log into the schools ecollege to aid in organizing my workload.

It is almost like they are trying to mess with us. Router and modem have both been reset, along with the laptops being re-booted. Nothing is wrong on my end near as I can tell.

100/100 fiber at work and 1000/1000 fiber at home both working spiffily.

What is it you guys like to say? Oh yes.

"Just sayin'."

I find it odd that I am almost restricted to certain sites. It's boggling really.

Freedom!!!!