Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Postseason 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Last-Dance-at-Candlestick
    They could still have another home game against the Saints

Keith - I think you'll like this article. I learned a lot I didn't know about the Sam Wyche Bengals:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...innati-bengals

Great article To be fair, they had the Freezer Bowl team at the playoff game, which had several of the 88 players on it.

Jim Caldwell is the Detroit Lions New Coach

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPackers.com
    Only the Detroit Lions could Detroit Lions their search for a new coach. Ultimately, they landed Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator and former Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Caldwell.
    I know I should link to ESPN vs a Packers fan site but I just liked the way they phrased this.

Ok, jokes aside, here's his head coaching record:

Caldwell had one of the best debut seasons for a head coach in NFL history, finishing with a 14–2 record. The Colts rushed out to a 14–0 start. With the AFC South title and the top seed in the AFC playoffs secured, Caldwell opted (on orders from then GM, Bill Polian) to sit out his starting players the last two games of the season (both losses), drawing controversy to him and the team.[3] He later won his first playoff game against the Baltimore Ravens on January 16, 2010. On January 24, 2010, Caldwell became the 5th rookie head coach to lead his team to the Super Bowl with a 30–17 victory over the New York Jets. Caldwell holds the NFL record for the best start by a rookie head coach, starting his career with 14 wins. The 14 wins also tied a franchise record.

On February 7, 2010, Caldwell's rookie season ended with a 31–17 loss in Super Bowl XLIV to the New Orleans Saints. In his second season the Colts reached the playoffs where they lost to the New York Jets 17–16 on January 8, 2011.
    Well that's a hell of a start. He also has a Super Bowl ring as the OC for the Super Bowl winning Baltimore Ravens. Here's hoping he doesn't repeat this success next season.

Bills coach, Pettine, is being interviewed by the Browns for their HC vacancy. The Bills D was just about the only bright spot of the season, so it figures we'd lose him. Way to go, B'lo.

Now I don't watch much NFL at all but I am watching 49's vs Seahawks and I'm wondering if it's just me that thinks there are a lot of fumbles and dropped balls this game?

There were a lot in a short period there. Normally there's a few per game.

It's a good game though.

I'll put my bias up front. I was rooting for the 9'ers. I don't like Pete Carroll.

With that being said... um, there were a sizable amount of unjustified calls against the 9'ers. Just really bad reffing IMO. Seattle still played well enough to win... but ugh.

AND my man Bowman got injured. Nasty looking injury, too. Hope he recovers quickly.

Congrats to the Seahawks and Broncos

Now time for the Seahawks to engage in that time-honored tradition, finding a new and creative way to make Seattle fans suffer.

I really should've taken a sick day today to watch that game, but oh well.