Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa

I've finally got my PC hooked back up in my new apartment, and have been having a ton of fun with this. Still very limited, but it has the best blend of realism and fun in the driving model I've seen. They do finally have multi car races, but still no multiplayer as far as i know. Drifting is a blast I think this has the best feel in the wheel for me yet, I can really feel what the car is doing.

I got this last week, quite enjoying it as a trackday simulation. The Lotuses are cool, and I like the fact that there are some less famous tracks.

Compared to iRacing? LFS? rFactor 2.0 (Is it out? Lost track of sim racing news lately)

Bit less simmy than iRacing, but still pretty realistic. A lot of fun. Haven't played LFS, but I believe it's an evolution of that (or netkar? both?). I know nothing about rFactor2. I kinda purposely have been avoiding it as I don't need yet another sim/game to half-ass get into

No multiplayer yet, and AI is pretty poor (once they spread out, they're fast, but they can't help but running over eachother), so it's mostly a hotlapping sim at this point. But they give you challenges, which is fun. There's drifting challenges too. I spent hours on the E30 M3 drift challenge. It's a blast.

I intend to try it out online soon. I haven't played it for quite a while now, I need to hook my pc up in my livingroom to use the G25.

Has any of you guys tried multiplayer yet?

Multiplayer was OK the last time I tried but this was a while back before all the recent updates. Just been fooling around with some user created and converted tracks, the amount of mods available already is phenomenal! Pick of the bunch were a very good fantasy track created by Madcowie called Castle Hill and an authorised conversion of Blackwood from LFS by Tiago Lima, both great fun in the Z4 GT3 - my go to car of choice. Well worth the price of admission for anyone looking to pick it up.

1.0 is out. Anybody try it yet? I'm gonna load it up tonight.

Still a few bugs but otherwise good.

Only did a couple things, but the most evident improvement is the AI. It's much better. Can race without crashing so far. Spa was added, and it's very nice. Interestingly they have headlights, but when you turn them on, there are no gauge lights or tail lights . You can't use a H-pattern shifter with a car that has a sequential modeled. Most cases, that's fine I'd prefer to use the real style, but for something like a Z4, where you would have a choice, but they modeled the SMG, so you're SOL, as far as I can tell.

Nice little option I had always wished to have in driving games was a "Factory" option for driver aids. You can leave it on that and go straight from a Cobra with no aids, to a modern sports cars with TC and ABS without having to go through menu options. Though in most cases, I turn the TC off anyway, and just go with the factory option for ABS. I figure that's pretty realistic anyway, as most TC is defeatable, but not ABS.