Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Civic Tourer

Civic Tourer

Finally an JDM/EU Civic I'm glad will not be sold in the US.

Honda does knows how to build an ugly wagon.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Drives/...14-CAR-review/

Yeah they do! That thing is a craptastropiece!

I actually think it looks fine. Isn't it just a slightly modified Stream?

Seriously, if you guys think this looks bad then you have major problems.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; February 21st, 2014 at 11:12 PM.

No, we don't have "problems," it's a matter of differing tastes. But there are some items that, from a design standpoint, are questionable:

- That rear roofline that dips down to match up with the corners of the lip spoiler. It looks disjointed and compromises visibility.
    - The fender flares just look out of place. They make sense to do a performance version of a car with a wider track (see WRX) but for a family hauler, why not just widen the whole body and increase interior room?
    - What is the point of "hidden" rear door handles when the implementation of such is so clunky as to draw the eye more than a regular door handle would?
    - The front fascia looks like a bad Veilside kit piece and doesn't go with the rest of the car at all. I remember when you used to have to look at rusty, beat-ass ten year old Civic sedans with bad aftermarket front air dams to get that effect; now it's factory!

Designs like this just wouldn't fly when Honda was still focused on clean, functional, but fun-to-drive cars. This is just another bucket of piss dumped on Soichiro's grave.

IMO.

All that, plus:

o All the disjoint surfaces on the side - some are organic and flowing, others are harsh and mechanical. There is absolutely no cohesion between the fender bulges and the rockers. The square, flat plastic trim on the bulges is icing on the cake.
    o What is up with the crazy door size mismatch? It's like they grafted a wagon back onto the coupe, instead of onto the 4-door. It's visually and functionally ridiculous. The window size mismatch isn't helping anything.

That bottom picture looks like a photoshop of a Civic front end and a 1st gen Matrix back end. That's how bad this design is. It's real, and looks like a bad photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    o What is up with the crazy door size mismatch? It's like they grafted a wagon back onto the coupe, instead of onto the 4-door. It's visually and functionally ridiculous. The window size mismatch isn't helping anything.
    They stretched/bumped the existing Yerpeen Civic 5-dr. Similar to the Prius V make-over, kinda?
    Whoomah!

Eeesh! Also ugly, though less ugly. The TSX wagon-inspired tail of the Tourer is shit icing on the shit cake.

I am increasingly convinced that Honda cannot do anything right any more.

Ugly? No. Unique? Definitely.

Count me as one who thinks that is fugly as hell. Terribad.

I think it's much better-looking than the European 5-door version (which looks best as the Tourer or the 3-door). The US one, which we get here, is OK but very bland.